1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VC Wight King (4 relatively large pics ahead!)

Discussion in 'Painting and Converting' started by Durandal, Apr 21, 2012.

1. Durandal
    Cold One

Durandal Member

Just finished this little guy (seriously, these clam shell plastics are probably the best idea GW has had since I got into the hobby). Any suggestions welcome!

2. MOMUS
    Cold One

MOMUS New Member

Looks great, I love the armour and sword.

The only thing would nit-pick on is the back of the cape. It dosnt look as smooth as the rest of the model?

3. Durandal
    Cold One

Durandal Member

Yeah, I got sloppy filling that gap. I just wanted to getting to painting though.

4. strewart
    OldBlood

strewart Well-Known Member

It looks pretty good, nice work! The base looks like it needs finishing, but the rest is cool.

I agree that the clam packs are pretty nice, GW really is getting very clever with their plastic kits.

5. Durandal
    Cold One

Durandal Member

What do you think the base needs, exactly?

6. strewart
    OldBlood

strewart Well-Known Member

Different colour on the edge to start - brown or grey maybe. For the top, it might be that its just the angle if you are asking what needs to be done. To me it just looks like it has either been painted as is, or there is a thin layer of sand. Like I said, could be just the photo angle and the fact he fills most of the base, but looks like there could be a bit more detail in it.