1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

8th Ed. Video Report vs Chaos Dwarfs

Discussion in 'Battle Reports' started by hdctambien, Aug 4, 2014.

1. hdctambien
    Terradon

hdctambien Active Member

My second video Battle Report. This time against Chaos Dwarfs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJwFlcobxyI

Still working on the picture quality (my photos are much better resolution than the video renders...)

Also, a question came up during this battle about Engineer-to-War Machine look out sirs. I didn't go into it in the report but what do you guys think happens in this scenerio:

A comet falls and hits a War Machine and nearby engineer. I roll for the War Machine first and kill it. Then I roll for the engineer. Does the engineer get to roll his look out sir for those hits and pass them off to the dead War Machine, or since I rolled for the War Machine first is the engineer stuck taking all the hits himself?

Ie, do all the comet hits happen simultaneously? Or do they happen in the order I choose to resolve them?

2. NexS1
    Carnasaur

NexS1 Well-Known Member

Interesting battle... That comet took forever to arrive!

A few questions on your strategies..
    1. Why take blowpipes at all?

2. In the turn where you needed your skinks out of the way, why didn't you move the the skinks then the temple guard? Once you've hit with the TG the cold ones would have gotten in easily, then you have to even up the models in contact.

3. hdctambien
    Terradon

hdctambien Active Member

I've had an 8 token and a 10 token comet recently.... I just can't roll that 4+ to have it fall...

I take the blow pipes partly because you see all of my Javelin skinks in this army already. And the other reason is because every once in a while you get a really nice "I didn't move and you're in short range" shot with them.

Since I have three other units of Jav skirmishers, I run out of room in my front lines to deploy them so I can keep them back and just have them hand around waiting for something nasty to get too close. "You can fly your Terrorgheist behind my lines, but you're gonna take 20 poison shots that hit on 5+ if you do!"

That would have been the better order to move them in. I really thought I had room to get everything into that combat.... I just wasn't thinking 4th dimenstionally Although, charging the Cold Ones into that battle didn't turn out so well for them. I would have done better to not charge anything at all (or charge them into the Iron Demon battle instead)

Forcing myself to review my battles by making these reports is helping me to figure out the mistakes I make. Someday I'll start winning intentionally!

4. NexS1
    Carnasaur

NexS1 Well-Known Member

I'll be writing up a brief report soon too. You're right - it makes you think about what you did and allows you the time to pick at your choices.

What's next in line to battle against?

5. hdctambien
    Terradon

hdctambien Active Member

I've got a battle against Dwarfs. This time a crazy army that Jordan Braun was going to take to the Bayou Battles GT... but they ruled it "not fun to play against"... I had a good time time though.

I'll probably record it on Wednesday.

6. NexS1
    Carnasaur

NexS1 Well-Known Member

I'm Keen to see how you went/go!