1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Warcry Skinks

Discussion in 'Rules Help' started by HairyBreeches, Jun 30, 2020.

1. HairyBreeches
    Jungle Swarm

HairyBreeches New Member

Hi folks -

Long time lurker, first time poster here.

I'm looking to get into Warcry with Seraphon, but confused by the rules for skinks. The Seraphon cards I have (and all the ones I've seen posted by others) have three weapon options for skinks:
    • javelin, dagger + shield: 85 points
    • blowpipe + club: 65 points
    • club + shield: 60 points
    Confusingly though, Varanscribe lists completely different weapon/points combos:
    • javelin, dagger + shield: 85 points
    • blowpipe + club: 85 points
    • blowpipe, dagger + shield: 85 points
    I can't find any reference to changes in the latest errata, and if it weren't for the fact that Varanscribe seems to be at least semi-official, and that the new weapon combos & points seem a bit more sensible (everyone complained about no blowpipe + shield when the cards came out for example), I'd assume that Varanscribe have just got it wrong.

Are the new Varanscribe rules official? Is there an update/some errata I'm missing? If so, does anyone have the stats for the new unit - the one with blowpipe, dagger & shield? I guess it'll have the toughness of the other model with a shield, and the same dagger and blowpipe attack that already exist?

Thanks in advance folks, sorry if I've made some really stupid oversight!

2. LizardWizard
    OldBlood

LizardWizard Grand Skink Handler Staff Member

Welcome to Lustria. I like Skink Spam a lot for Warcry. I am not aware of any point update. I only play AoS 2k for tournament though. War Cry has always been a very casual game for my play group.

HairyBreeches likes this.
  3. HairyBreeches
    Jungle Swarm

HairyBreeches New Member

Cool, thanks.

I really like the look of skinks for warcry too, it seems to be so much about mobility and flexibility, and range can be so powerful.

I think I'm going to go with quite a few (probably four) in my list, a couple of terradons to swoop around and a core of saurus to hit a bit harder.