1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Warhammer 40k

Discussion in 'General Hobby/Tabletop Chat' started by Saminator, Aug 24, 2018.

1. Saminator
    Saurus

Saminator Member

Hello everyone,
    Today i played my first match of kill team. I really liked it and my friends and I have decided to start playing 40k. One of my friends is going to collect necrons and the other collects Tau. I think Tau is the coolest but since my friend is going to play them i have decided to collect a different army. The only problem is that I have no clue what to play. Does anybody know a good and cool faction?
    I would also like to use them in killteam.
    Dank u wel, Saminator

Warden likes this.
  2. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl Eleventh Spawning

Tyranids or Genestealer Cults! Nuff said! ;)

Saminator likes this.
  3. Saminator
    Saurus

Saminator Member

Does anybody know how the spacemarines work. It looks like there are a lot of other space marine factions, like the deathwatch. Why would you pick a sub-faction. It had fewer models to choose from.

Warden likes this.
  4. Warden
    Slann

Warden Tenth Spawning

While I am a fan of the orks, if I had to pick a space marine force it would have to be the Black Templars.

Because Templars are da best.

IMG_0366.JPG

Honestly each space marine faction is super similar, just with tiny bits of uniqueness thrown in to live up to the chapter's reputation, lore, and flavor.

Saminator likes this.
  5. Saminator
    Saurus

Saminator Member

Is there a nice 40k forum, i am going to have a lot of 40k questions, but that isnt really what this forum is meant for i gues.

Warden likes this.
  6. little-myth
    Carnasaur

little-myth Well-Known Member

Maybe the DakkaDakka forum? They have a 40k section I'm not a member there though so not sure what they are like. I only peek at the news and rumours from time to time there.

I'm mostly a Tyranid player
    Used to play Space Wolves but lost interest, Space Wolves have a cheap unit as Fenrisian Wolves, good for that distraction.

Warden and Saminator like this.
  7. Warden
    Slann

Warden Tenth Spawning

I would suggest the Bolter and Chainsword; great for all things space marine but have included xenon (aliens) in recent times as well.

I would also recommend 1d4chan for insightful but irreverent info on all things 40k; they also have a good rundown on the history of kill team.

Saminator likes this.