1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Warhammer doubles tournament

Discussion in 'General Hobby/Tabletop Chat' started by valen, Mar 30, 2010.

1. valen
    Skink

valen New Member

A friend and I are thinking of entering the UK Warhammer doubles tournament next year. I play lizards whilst his main army is Empire.

Having looked at this years rules i see that Lizards and Empire aren't allowed to team together whilst it's OK to team lizards with Skaven and Chaos (although they are distrusful allies).

There's obviously a reason for this but could someone tell me what it is?

2. Xlcontiqu
    Ripperdactil

Xlcontiqu New Member

I cannot really think of a reason that Lizardmen would team with either of them. AFAIK, Lizardmen basically hate both of those races. Both of them have come to Lustria multiple times to steal artifacts or kill Lizardmen. I see no reason why they should be able to be on the same team, even as distrustful allies.

3. valen
    Skink

valen New Member

Yeah seems very odd to me. You'd definitely think they'd be able to team with Empire if they can Skaven/Chaos.

4. n810
    Slann

n810 First Spawning

Thats odd, on the mega battle rules (I forget what it was called) the aly chart had Lizardmen as a Nutural aly for every race.... (EVEN Chaos and Skaven)

5. JohnMavrick
    Troglodon

JohnMavrick New Member

In the General's Compendium the ally chart shows that Lizardmen are either distrustful allies with a race or they don't ally at all. It does say they can ally with Empire but NOT with Skaven or Chaos.

My only reasoning would be that having an Empire gunline mixed with Lizardmen magic/Saurus combo would be just too devistating. Skaven units are cheap and die easily and Chaos is so expensive it wouldn't give a horde of good troops to ally with Lizardmen...

But that's about the only thing I can think of.

6. Sebulba
    Temple Guard

Sebulba New Member

Yeah, gunline+lizardmen magic could be dangerous but why wouldn't an all cav chaos list be any better? Chaos magic plus Lizardmen magic would be awesome, same with a skaven gunline with saurus to really anchor some places down.

Ogres would really benefit from a bunch of skinks to give them rank bonuses...

Essentially, in a doubles tournament you can play the strengths and weaknesses to really offset your army's disadvantages. This is regardless of what you're playing.

Empire seems like a "good" army and lizardmen would probably ally with them. Lizardmen's enemies should be dark elves, chaos and skaven.

7. The Hunted
    Carnasaur

The Hunted Active Member

This last doesn't really apply (IMO). Lizardmen are a 'neutral' race, they don't care about anything in the old world but for one thing: The Great Plan.
    Kill everything that doesn't fit into it. Kill everything that enters Lustria. Retrieve any stolen artifacts, and kill their owners.
    That's how I see it...
    Regardless, they should not be able to team up with Chaos, Skaven and DE. I agree with you on that.

Empire should be ok actually, as do Wood Elves, High Elves, Brets and Dwarves.

The game-mechanics-argument isn't all that strong. Skaven have gunlines AND masses of troops. Chaos has elite+magic, as to Lizardmen.

While reading back, I seem to agree with you. But for different reasons...

The Hunted