1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Sammy the Squib, May 26, 2008.

1. Sammy the Squib
    Salamander

Sammy the Squib Member

So who's going to b playing? Will it be as good as WoW?

I might, although I don't really get into those games that much so I'm not sure if it'll be worth the subscription fee :p

2. kroxigor01
    Ripperdactil

kroxigor01 Member

I will almost certainly play WAR! (if I eventually build a descent computer and get some money...)

I never played WOW but it is supposedly a grind against NPCs whereas WAR is RvR (realm versus realm, essentially a 'war' between to factions) and is set in The Old World rather then the petty rip off 'warcraft'.

If your worried about subscription fees I suggest you play the trial for the game (99% chance that their will be one) and then make a decision.

3. Doom Lizard
    Saurus

Doom Lizard New Member

I loath WoW. But i have the super special edition of WAR, and until they come out with Wood Elf/Lizardman I will be playing as a White Lion. Really excited for it.

4. Lighting Lizard 36
    Jungle Swarm

Lighting Lizard 36 New Member

Dont know if im going to get it as:
    1) Its a mystery if my computer will be able to handle it smoothly, it can handle Black and white 2 so I assume it will work pretty smoothly.

2)Will I become addicted, if so its not a good idea to get it.

3)Will the reviews be good?

4)Will my freinds get it, I assume some people from my local GW will get it... hopefully.

5. Kovash
    Skink

Kovash New Member

Im going to get it...so long as it is for mac too
    looks excellent

6. Dalkarius
    Ripperdactil

Dalkarius New Member

I'm going for WAR all the way, already Pre-Ordered and everything. The game looks amazing and they did an AMAZING job at sticking to the Warhammer Lore is everything they did. I'm going White Lion, ready to smash some DE around!

7. lizardlover
    Skink

lizardlover New Member

i'd like to play but i dont know how much the subscription fee is and as im kinda skint at the mo i dont want to be payin 15, 20 quid. How much is it?

8. kroxigor01
    Ripperdactil

kroxigor01 Member

I think the monthly subscription fee is similar to that of WoW (I'm not going to try to give an exact value as I'm not sure I would change currency from Australian dollars to whatever your local currency is).

I am going to sit out of the game till either Christmas (new computer/increase in money :meh: ) or till the first expansion (here's hoping for Lizardmen versus Skaven pairing being added :D )

9. lizardlover
    Skink

lizardlover New Member

if you can either change the currency (pound sterling) (english pound lol) or give me a link to a site ( if there is one ) i would be very greatful :smug:

10. kroxigor01
    Ripperdactil

kroxigor01 Member

http://www.mmogamer.com/08/06/2008/warh ... s-revealed says:

Much steeper in price then I thought originally...

11. Daeghrefn
    Saurus

Daeghrefn New Member

Wow, this thread just kind of stopped... :p
    I didn't see it until now, sorry for the late response! I pre ordered the collector's edition, and have been just thrilled with the entire thing. I'm playing a Chosen on Praag mostly, although have delved into witch hunter for a little while. The pvp is quite a bit better than WoW, and I think the pve is at least on par.

I am keeping my fingers crossed for the first expansion to be Lizardmen vs. Skaven, but it's probably a while off yet.

12. fer
    Saurus

fer New Member

dorf slayers are coming...that is big news :)

13. Dalkarius
    Ripperdactil

Dalkarius New Member

As is the Orc Choppa, personally though, I love my White Lion! lol

14. jormi_boced
    Ripperdactil

jormi_boced New Member

If I thought my PC would handle it well and I wasn't afraid of losing my life to the machine I would do it.

15. snowywlf
    Cold One

snowywlf New Member

Well Jormi, here's the good news! You can download a free trial to see how it fares on your computer. :bored:

If you'd like a free trial, I can send you a Recruit-A-Friend email via Mythic. It will have links to download the program as well as setting up your free 10 day trial.

I personally play it and enjoy it. If you are familiar with MMORPGs, it will feel comfortable to you. If you are new to MMORPGs, they are always a great experience! The Player vs Environment part of the game is wonderful for those of us that enjoy the Warhammer Fantasy lore and story. The Realm vs Realm part of the game is great for just pure enjoyment and action. And of course you can find a guild and community to enjoy.

I've been playing since beta and I've played pretty much every class, so if you have any questions, feel free to ask.

This is for everyone, by the way. The Recruit-A-Friend emails and free trials are unlimited and I'm happy to answer anyone's questions.

16. jormi_boced
    Ripperdactil

jormi_boced New Member

The first one is free conversations never end well:)

I might try the free trial. You can't be Lizardmen though right? What about Wood Elves?

17. snowywlf
    Cold One

snowywlf New Member

No Lizardmen or Wood Elves. :( I know, my first 2 choices as well. As someone else mentioned, hopefully the first expansion will be a Lizardmen vs Skaven addition. Here's hoping!

The races available are:

Order(good guys)-
    Empire
    Dwarves
    High Elves

Destruction(bad guys)-
    Chaos (Warriors of Chaos basically)
    Greenskins
    Dark Elves

Each race has 4 classes available, one per archtype (healer, tank, ranged damage, melee damage).

Empire:
    Warrior Priest
    Knight of the Blazing Sun
    Bright Wizard
    Witch Hunter

Dwarves:
    Rune Priest
    Ironbreaker
    Engineer
    Slayer

High Elves:
    Archmage
    Swordmaster
    Shadow Warrior
    White Lion

Chaos:
    Zealot
    Chosen
    Magus
    Marauder

Greenskin:
    Goblin Shaman
    Black Orc
    Goblin Squig Herder
    Orc Choppa

Dark Elves:
    Disciple of Khaine
    Blackguard
    Sorceress
    Witch Elf

More detailed info here:
    http://warhammeronline.com/armiesofWAR/index.php

18. jormi_boced
    Ripperdactil

jormi_boced New Member

A Slayer would probably be fun.

19. snowywlf
    Cold One

snowywlf New Member

Slayer is lots of fun. They wade into the enemy and do amazing area effect damage. They are considered "line breakers", meaning they smack right into the defensive line and start laying it to waste. Very fun class with lots of action and style.