1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What are you doing today hobbywise?

Discussion in 'General Hobby/Tabletop Chat' started by Lord-Marcus, Feb 8, 2018.

1. Lord-Marcus
    Slann

Lord-Marcus Sixth Spawning

Probably going to paint bases and work on more stormcast and maybe some commission stuff

2. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning Staff Member

Worked a bit on Kroak, mainly removing all that casting flash.
    And... man I hate resin. I was very close to going to the store and returning him. The teeth on the mask weren't there (only short stumps) and some parts are warped, as always.
    But then... I can't paint him well enough that it would matter, so I'll just continue.

3. little-myth
    Carnasaur

little-myth Well-Known Member

Back to arranging my game, 1000 AoS. Possibly on the 11th, friend just wouldn't stop pestering me about it.
    Now time to make a list that will slap him. Or use the one that was suggested with the Dread Saurian.

Paradoxical Pacifism and Aginor like this.
  4. Aginor
    Slann

I will probably build a Carno today

Paradoxical Pacifism likes this.
  5. little-myth
    Carnasaur

Got to build some Stormcast for my opponent, he spent ages poking me about a game then he turns round and says he can't remember what he has...
    Later on I should be paint stripping the old edition Cold Ones, not sure whether I should swap the bases onto the oval ones

6. Aginor
    Slann

Today I built some cardboard movement trays for my armies, in two sizes:

- fitting 3x2 Skinks or 1x3 Saurus, I'll probably put 5 Skinks on them most of the time
    - fitting 5x2 Skinks or 1x5 Saurus, which is another nice size.

They don't look too awesome, they are just cardboard pieces with 2mm folded up on each edge) but they will make using my horde units (Skinks and Skellies, as well as Dryads of my wife's Sylvaneth army) quicker to play.
    Once the units get into melee (and me or my opponent actually care about the precise placement) I can take some of the models off.

If they work I am planning to eventually replace the cardboard squares with more elaborate movement trays like
    these: https://tectoniccraftstudios.com/co...ys/products/pile-in-round-base-movement-trays

7. little-myth
    Carnasaur

Finished building the Stormcast, though some have a few gaps because push-fit. Then getting models together for the guy that has Kharadon Overlords, Dispossessed and Warriors of Chaos and he says he can't remember what he has. He says he has them scattered around. Surely he has 1000 laying there somewhere.
    I will be doing some sticky notes for the Seraphon, saves printing out the FaQ. Well do need to print out the Dread Saurian sheet, how I have got permission to bring ForgeWorld.
    Been trying to paint strip the old Cold ones but not sure what paint the previous person used, the green doesn't want to come off and there is this black stuff that won't budge. I think it's glue.
    Well need to get some more built for next week.

8. Aginor
    Slann

I did some work today:
    - shaded and corroded my Skellies. Finished (except bases).
    - built a Razordon
    - primed Kroak, Carnosaur, Razordon and Mortis Engine using my airbrush. It takes loooong compared to rattle cans, but it is easier controllable and doable indoors.
    - I drybrushed some horns and fur on my wife's deer

9. Deed525
    Stegadon

Deed525 Well-Known Member

Lol I know your pain ;D

10. Deed525
    Stegadon

De-constructed then reassembled an Eternity warden + sun blood ready to add a few custom bits then prime.

11. little-myth
    Carnasaur

Should be spraying today but seems like it's getting hot already and I have to seal the wolves :argh:
    I even woke up at 7.
    Oh well, will be converting a Bastiladon today... partially cause I am missing some parts and continuing painting the Daemon Prince, taking forever to paint it like stained glass and it just looks like blocks of paint at the moment. Still need to shade all the mausoleum scenery ready for drybrushing. How does one shade a bunch of scenery quick?

Update: Went and sprayed cause the shed is cool, still ended up with frosted dogs, slightly around the paws and face. Well they are supposed to resemble stone anyway but the spray is a pain (GW's old varnish spray)

Last edited: Aug 6, 2018
  12. Aginor
    Slann

Painting Kroak, and doing some bases.

13. Deed525
    Stegadon

Converted my EoG and started painting skink star priest + sunblood and eternity warden

14. Aginor
    Slann

Finished some stuff!
    Pics in my blog.

15. Crowsfoot
    Slann

Crowsfoot Guardian of Paints Staff Member

Not much, got a room to decorate

16. little-myth
    Carnasaur

Did some paint stripping on those Cold Ones, been using the Revell and it wouldn't budge some of the paint. My dad had ideas of using something else and now one of the Cold Ones looks like they had a visit from Nurgle. Thanks dad. Worked well on the metal Saurus though, will be sitting there slowly fixing the Cold One up. It will just be a unique Cold One that has no eyes and stuff.
    Sooooooo does anyone recommend a paint stripper in the UK that won't melt the plastic?

Also slowly doing that Bastiladon conversion, need to wait on some of parts and that won't be roughly the 20th I may get them.

17. Crowsfoot
    Slann

Crowsfoot Guardian of Paints Staff Member

Cutex nail polish remover, Acetone free one https://www.luxplus.co.uk/product/c...MI4MqM05jb3AIVyL3tCh3g6AD1EAQYBSABEgLFUfD_BwE

18. little-myth
    Carnasaur

19. little-myth
    Carnasaur

Brought some models today, paint and a Drukhari (Dark Eldar) book. Wanted to make a beast based army, now to see what units does that

20. ChapterAquila92
    Skar-Veteran

ChapterAquila92 Well-Known Member

I took a short break from my studies to finish painting an emerald lifeswarm. First time using washes other than turpentine too.