1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What are you doing today hobbywise?

Discussion in 'General Hobby/Tabletop Chat' started by Lord-Marcus, Feb 8, 2018.

1. Imrahil
    Slann

Imrahil Thirtheenth Spawning

Dug up a box with my older moddels/projects. I will show some of it later.

Gr, Imrahil

Aginor likes this.
  2. little-myth
    Carnasaur

little-myth Well-Known Member

Been to the local GW today, picked up some Rockgut Troggoths and Mollog's Mob and nope still no spark. I was suggested on coming up with something for Armies on Parade, get an early start.
    Building Mollog's Mob at the moment while watching some gameplay of a game level I am basing the theme and colours on. I noticed the lack of mushrooms so it's going to be a guess what the colours will be there.

GuaDan likes this.
  3. ChapterAquila92
    Skar-Veteran

ChapterAquila92 Well-Known Member

Yesterday I picked up my pre-ordered Carrion Empire box that I'm splitting with a fellow AoS gamer, along with the Skaven battletome, endless spells and dice, a land raider redeemer, a second vindicator, and another redemptor dreadnought.

Suffice to say that because I'm holding onto the Flesh-Eater Courts models for the other guy until he pays up his half, it's been a running joke between us that I'm effectively holding them for ransom.

I primarily bought the land raider for an extra pintle-mounted storm bolter so that I can equip my rhinos properly for 40k, while at the same time getting myself a model that can use up the Salamanders land raider side doors I still have kicking around (I used the front door from the FW blister for the Mk IIB, which takes rhino side doors instead).

The vindicator on the other hand is another double-duty 30k/40k model for a squadron. Nothing special beyond the demolisher cannon on any of them.

Regarding the redemptor, whilst I likely won't be using more than one in a given 40k game, I got it into my head to play around with a pose that suggests it's in the process of stepping through while winding up for a punch.

I've also been eyeing the Achilles Ridgerunner for a possible Tauros Venator conversion, seeing as Forgeworld has discontinued making Tauros kits and I have quite a few razorback turrets at my disposal.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2019
    Crowsfoot likes this.
  4. Seraphandy
    Razordon

Seraphandy Well-Known Member

20190223_115501.jpg
    Early days with the Slann Starmaster's 'throne/chair.

5. little-myth
    Carnasaur

Building some Skinks today, going with melee build even though they won't do that well in combat. Then I will be picking up another box of Skinks at a later time to build more of the Blowpipe and Shield build because halfway through building the last lot I ended up building some with the javelins instead. Might also dig out the broken ones and fix them.

Seraphandy likes this.
  6. Seraphandy
    Razordon

Just finished the Slann Starmaster Throne thing. Just need to paint the all powerful frog now..... 20190228_153521.jpg

Aginor likes this.
  7. Tk'ya'pyk
    Skar-Veteran

Tk'ya'pyk Well-Known Member

I've been painting skinks and contemplating Grot Tanks for one of my 40K armies.
    [​IMG]
    Just for a change, I made rocks out of modeling putty to make them look a little more active. The one on the left is the unit leader. Middle one is leaping up to throw a javelin, one on the right is leaping off of a rock to attack someone.

Crowsfoot, Aginor and Seraphandy like this.
  8. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning Staff Member

I worked a bit on a Treelord for my wife's army.

Crowsfoot and GuaDan like this.
  9. ChapterAquila92
    Skar-Veteran

This past week, I put in another Forgeworld order, this time for a fellglaive, a sicaran venator, three rapier quad mortars and three rapier laser destroyers. I finished building the sicaran yesterday, with a base coat and pre-shading to boot.

Apart from the Forgeworld order, I finished putting together a 20-block of stormvermin for my skaven army this morning.

Crowsfoot and Aginor like this.
  10. Padre
    Stegadon

Padre Well-Known Member

Had a few minutes to paint a couple minis this morning, before my daughter woke up. I was able to put the finishing touches on my Primus and got a base coat on my Magus. My kellerman is waiting in the wings, but I'll wait until I finish those before I get anything else.

11. little-myth
    Carnasaur

Built the 20 melee Skinks, now to decide what to build next.
    Have some plans on getting a cheap tablet to put the hobby apps on and for playing music. I find the silence doesn't help when trying to work in the spare room, my phone distracts me too much plus it drains too fast when playing videos/music. Building the models in front of my computer desk at the moment. Hopefully it would mean I will start painting again.

12. Padre
    Stegadon

Padre Well-Known Member

Finished my Magus from Deathwatch: Overkill which means all the Genestealer Cultists are done. I should probably paint the Deathwatch at some point as well, but that's a project for another day.

Aginor and Crowsfoot like this.
  13. ChapterAquila92
    Skar-Veteran

So my final Forge World purchase for the Salamanders army I'm building for a Horus Heresy event just showed up today, along with two models for my next Horus Heresy/40k army. With the event being in three months time, which kit do I start building after opening the parcel?

Sevatar, First Captain of the Night Lords.
    IMG_20190307_211134.jpg IMG_20190307_211250.jpg

Imrahil and Seraphandy like this.
  14. little-myth
    Carnasaur

Sorted out the tablet, was hard to find a decent one with good reviews and was cheap. Got some of the apps downloaded, AoS app, paint app, youtube and Pinterest for the inspiration. Got a simple cover that can also prop it up.
    Been doing to thinking, about one of my 40k games. I couldn't remember if it was before the new edition. When I was against Imperial Guard they had a weapon, was capable of striking anywhere and was apparently up above. Can't remember what it was and whether it's in the new edition, making notes for next time to remind myself of the many dangers of the Imperial Guard.

15. Seraphandy
    Razordon

20190309_122614.jpg
    Finally finished my Slann Starmaster, moving on to some recently purchased Chamelion Skinks. Finecast = Let the pruning begin :)

Imrahil and Aginor like this.
  16. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

Building my fourth razordon (failcast)
    then i will proceed to paint it AND my fourth old metal model of salamander with back sail.

at that point, i will have 3 completed units:
    4 razordons
    4 sallies old version
    4 sallies new version

I'm a happy Slann.

Imrahil and Seraphandy like this.
  17. little-myth
    Carnasaur

Might think of ktibashing/designing a female Skaven, they do exist as Broodmothers. Rare scenario of one being born destined as a chosen one. Just slightly fed up of the visions others have of what a female Skaven Verminlord or Grey Seer looks like. The art is good, just don't imagine them has these humanoid, large chest rats. I imagine them as having similar appearance to Broodmothers, towering on two legs, maybe having two slaves holding onto her chains to keep her in order as their thoughts and stuff are different from male Skaven.

18. Imrahil
    Slann

Imrahil Thirtheenth Spawning

Basepainted some Saurus Warriors and gave them a wash.
    Also painted the golden items on my Scar Vet.

Gr, Imrahil

Seraphandy likes this.
  19. little-myth
    Carnasaur

Planning on what to do for the Necrons, not sure whether to pick up a few kits I like or pick up the book and one of the kits.
    My hopes is having stuff like the Canoptek Wraiths, Lychguard/Praetorians, Spyders, trying to pick maybe a few more units but mostly trying to pick an HQ because I'm not sure what goes well with what.

Seraphandy likes this.
  20. Lord-Marcus
    Slann

Lord-Marcus Sixth Spawning

Pinning spaceships and priming them tonight.

Then hopefully stripping minis

Seraphandy likes this.