1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What are you doing today hobbywise?

Discussion in 'General Hobby/Tabletop Chat' started by Lord-Marcus, Feb 8, 2018.

1. ChapterAquila92
    Skar-Veteran

ChapterAquila92 Well-Known Member

Thanks!

After posting the photo, I made a concerted effort to give him something approximating a lizardmen football outfit, predominantly using spare parts from a few temple guard kits, as well as a spare headdress normally given to skinks. For now, he's got shoulder pads (modified from the semicircular headcrest ornamentation of guard alphas) and a feathered headdress, and I'm still debating what to add further from my bitz collection.

Lizerd likes this.
  2. ChapterAquila92
    Skar-Veteran

Another Blood Bowl game last night, this time my Grey Coast Scuttlers against a new ogre team.

Whilst it was a lot of fun laying into gnoblars with even my gutter runners, the other team's 4 ogres put on quite the hurt. It had to come down to my rat ogre to knock them over due to his jacked up strength, though I caught a lucky break with my 4-armed thrower putting one down near the end of the game when it blitzed him, scoring a casualty while only suffering a stun due to a "both down" result.

Lizerd and Seraphandy like this.
  3. Seraphandy
    Razordon

Seraphandy Well-Known Member

Another 5 Saurus Guard completed (10 done in total). :)

5 more to finish, but am going to pause and build my Sunblood and Kroxigors first.

Now, where is that green stuff.......

Lizerd likes this.
  4. ChapterAquila92
    Skar-Veteran

Took me a while to get around to it but I finally started building my Britons for Warhammer Ancient Battles, beginning with some javelin-wielding skirmishers.

5. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl Eleventh Spawning

Be sure to tag me when you’ve posted some pics, I look forward to seeing them! :)

That reminds me, I should post some pics of my Warlord Britons and Romans for SPQR on my historical miniatures blog. I’ve built quite a lot of them now, just haven’t painted them yet.

6. ChapterAquila92
    Skar-Veteran

I'll be sure to do so when I'm not confined to the machinery control room of a floating metal box.

All in all, between my last post and this one, I've put together 15 skirmishers and 27 warriors. I've left the shields off for better access to the models when I get around to painting them.

7. Tk'ya'pyk
    Skar-Veteran

Tk'ya'pyk Well-Known Member

20200215_215450.jpg
    I painted squeaky things for my monthly painting challenge. Yay.

8. Seraphandy
    Razordon

Working on my Kroxigor...

20200216_140548.jpg

9. little-myth
    Carnasaur

little-myth Well-Known Member

Still painting the Skeleton SC, hoping to get it done this week so I can think on the next step on what to add to the army. It's just painting the smaller details now and painting the bases.
    Also in the mood to make miniature scenes, mostly recreating them from games, need to improve on miniature sculpting a bit more first and get one of those mats from Greenstuff world as they have the scale sizes on them, would be very useful to get the sizes right. Knowing me I will get everything ready and I will lose the interest.

10. ChapterAquila92
    Skar-Veteran

Had the honours of playing Kill Team with a twist: a 4-way game on terrain fit for Space Hulk.

20200219_210634.jpg

At 50 points per player, it was an interesting mash-up of a grey knight terminator, a drone-supported stealth suit, 4 genestealers, and my fireteam of three Salamanders (vet sergeant w/ combi-melta and bolt pistol, tactical marine gunner w/ flamer and bolt pistol, tactical marine w/ bolter and bolt pistol), with a few environmental hazards included.

I've kind of earned a reputation for my uncanny rolls with melta weapons by now, even on overwatch, but at one point in this game my entire fireteam was stuck in melee with a genestealer that they promptly punched to death with only a flesh wound each on the tactical marines to show for it.

Seraphandy likes this.
  11. Imrahil
    Slann

Imrahil Thirtheenth Spawning

Have been doing some hobbying on different topics last Tuesday.

- Reading the short story contest entries
    - practice sketching Elfish architecture.
    - assembling the last bit of my Ironjawz SCB

Yesterday got some time to paint a bit of Saurus Knight.

Grrr, Imrahil

12. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

In the process of writing my short story contest reviews. I know I am especially late this time, but life has intervened a lot lately with job interviews and so forth.

Imrahil likes this.
  13. ChapterAquila92
    Skar-Veteran

After picking up my preordered Seraphon Warcry cards, I attended a gaming event at the local Legion in which I played two games of Blood Bowl (one 1-1 tie Lizardmen vs Humans, one 2-1 win Lizardmen vs Orcs) and a 2v2 4000pt Horus Heresy game.

Whilst the first Blood Bowl game was using my current league roster, and thus my opponent was permitted inducements, it was a friendly one-off game not associated with said league. The second was an introductory game due to my opponent having never played before.

As for the Horus Heresy game? Tag-team Salamanders with Vulkan, Cassius Draco and Xiaphas Jurr against Lorgar's Word Bearers and traitor knights. Despite losing most of our artillery in the first turn, Vulkan's boys held firm, wiping out the knights by the end of Turn 3 and then setting their sights on Lorgar. Vulkan alone was responsible for destroying two knights, and my glaive did a number on both infantry and armiger alike (its last victims 6 tartarus terminators from Lorgar's retinue). This was the first time that said glaive has survived to the end of the game.

Tk'ya'pyk likes this.
  14. Imrahil
    Slann

Yesterday I found the time to play my first AoS battle(against myself) and I enjoyed it

Grrr, Imrahil

15. Imrahil
    Slann

Today I got to paint some parts of 2 Saurus Knights, I was not totally feeling it, so I did mainly base colors.

Grrr, Imrahil

16. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

Haha, I also enjoy playing battles against myself as a way to get familiar with a new set of game rules before I play with someone else. I played some AoS First Edition battles against myself with my Dwarfs before (Dispossessed were canned) and Night Goblins (before Gloomspite Gitz arrived), and should really try learning Second Edition in that way when I can get some Fyreslayers and the Gloomspite and Skaven books

GuaDan, Tk'ya'pyk and Imrahil like this.
  17. Seraphandy
    Razordon

No painting, but a monthly desk tidy post Kroxigor/Sunblood moulding removal. Love that Resin.

20200229_145850.jpg

18. ChapterAquila92
    Skar-Veteran

Had quite the cram session yesterday putting together 55 more Britons for WHAB. Ran out of the GW-supplied 20mm squares so I started using the Victrix supply I bought to supplement. Unfortunately, I don't have any 40mmx80mm rectangular bases for light chariots.

19. Imrahil
    Slann

I collected all Rumour Eninges en solutions of 2019 and 2020.
    And set up topics to discuss these.

Grrr, Imrahil

[edit:] If their is interest in it I've also got all Rumour Engines of 2017 and 2018, but those are all solved already

20. Imrahil
    Slann

IMG_20200306_134717.jpg

I had this Start Collecting box lying around, didn't came to selling it, so decided to start building.
    May come in handy at my Start Collecting box-off battles ;)

Grrr, Imrahil

Aginor likes this.