1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Tired of the same old Slann pose? Or just want to show off your painting skills. Why not try entering your own version to the Golden Slann competition - Click here for more info.
    Dismiss Notice

What color should I paint my army?

Discussion in 'Painting and Converting' started by Kovash, Jul 26, 2008.

1. Kovash
    Skink

Kovash New Member

Hey everyone, I am wondering what colors I should paint for my army
    Please help me choose:

A Basecoat/primer

Secondary color

and a Detail color

Regards

2. Ninjaskink
    Cold One

Ninjaskink New Member

Well, Lizardmen are nice in that it's more about your personal preference rather than a set color scheme. The painting section of the BRB gives a few suggestions for the basecoat, and I think most prefer black since it keeps the schemes darker. Most people don't tend to like the blue color scheme suggested by GW, and so you'll see quite a variety in color from person to person (the different threads in this section give a good indication of that). The only thing I can suggest is that you give the proper coloring for any sacred spawnings you put on your models. After that, it's all up to you.

If you're going for a "natural" reptilian look, go with darker greens, browns and grays.

If you want something more original, just pick a random color or two and a brighter version of them for highlights.

And if you go with the GW standard, see p. 44 of the lizardmen rulebook.

3. Apollo3
    Skink

Apollo3 New Member

Yeah, man. Pick your favourite colour and then use a complimentary colour for details. Then use a lighter version of both colours for the respective highlights. Lizardmen can look great in a very wide range of colours so its all up to your preference.

4. FACEY
    Skink

FACEY New Member

yeah i had this same issue. i chose a random colour and stuck withit. i chose bad moon yellow and they look freakin sweet. i used the new badab black wash on a white base for the scales. i love how the look . bright yellow and black!!