1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discussion What do Lizardmen called themselves?

Discussion in 'Fluff and Stories' started by tal_1173, Nov 1, 2012.

1. tal_1173
    Jungle Swarm

tal_1173 New Member

I am a Dark Elf player creating a campaign to play with friend just starting his Lizardmen army. We were wondering...

Dark Elves are the Druchii
    High Elves are the Asur

Lizardmen are called?

2. Craken
    Carnasaur

Craken Well-Known Member

Lustrian?

They don't really refer to themselves as anything else, in anything I've read anyhow. Saurus are saurus, skink are skink ect.

3. n810
    Slann

n810 First Spawning

Saurus: Usually written "Tzauaruz." Oddly appropriate, I think, particularly since a newborn Saurus Warrior would be a Tzaruz or Tzauruz, "Born in Water" and the Saurian version is appropriately akin to warm-blooded pronunciations of "Saurus."

http://www.lustria-online.com/threads/high-saurian.8006/

Not sure about Skinks though, probaly just skinks.

4. Scalenex
    Slann

Scalenex Keeper of the Indexes Staff Member

I see a lot of room for individual interpretation. I think they'd usually refer to Skinks, Saurus, Kroxigor, and Slann by their invidual race names. I think perhaps when referring to the Lizardmen collectively they would call themselves "the First." Since they are the first children created by the Old Ones and the only ones who haven't strayed from their will (at least by their understanding).

5. tal_1173
    Jungle Swarm

tal_1173 New Member

You guys are awesome! Thank you!

Maybe you guys could help with one more thing. We are making the map of Lustria and splitting into ten provinces of six territories for a Dark Elf invasion campaign for two people. Each province will have a large capital city, a normal city and two small towns. We would like to know where we can find a list of Tzauarian cities along with the names of regions. We know this plan will not follow Fluff, but we are okay with that I guess. If you guys are interested I can post the rough draft of the plan.

Also... Which areas of Lustria are effected by seasons? If this land is based off of South America like it seems, I will just use a climate map of south america to make this determination.

6. n810
    Slann

n810 First Spawning

I would imagine the areas further away from the equator would experience the seasons the most.
    there is a pretty decent map of Lustria in the Lizardmen book, it shows all the cities and other points of interest.

Ps. heres an older map I found online...

p8200592.jpg

7. Lord Cedric
    Terradon

Lord Cedric Member

Wow! Fantastic map, n810. Thank you for this. Was this from Gitzman's Gallery or someplace else? I've only downloaded a portion of their maps so far.

For those who may not know what I'm referring to, here's the link: http://www.gitzmansgallery.com/Warhammer_Maps/

- Lord Cedric

8. carno
    Skink

carno New Member

Sons of the old ones. Maybe?

:pigeon: :pigeon: :pigeon: :pigeon: :pigeon: :pigeon: