1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS What do we want from an update?

Discussion in 'Seraphon Discussion' started by Dracorex, Dec 11, 2019.

1. Antisense
    Skink

Antisense Active Member

I just want to say a word of hope for the pessimists out there who are predicting that we'll only get a book, or the faction will eventually get canned: Lizardmen /Seraphon have always been very popular among GW's palyerbase, and at one time, Skaven and Seraphon models were some of GW's most famous in terms of being big and impressive. New Seraphon models WILL SELL, and that's why I think GW will release new models. Even if it's just endless spells /spawning pools, or a leader character to go with a repackaged 2-faction starter ;) They know there is a large contingent of fans ready to buy in.

2. Antisense
    Skink

Antisense Active Member

I could see them redesigning summoning to be focused around Spawning Pool terrain pieces. That way, there's more counterplay potential for your opponent, if they try to crowd your pools. And if you want to guarantee spawning, you'll have to place your pools further back, thus your summons will take longer to get into battle. Would also work thematically, as the Slann can be described as constructing the pools from magic, and then physical beings get spawned out of them.

3. Nart
    Carnasaur

Nart Well-Known Member

We've got warcry, lots of mentions in lore of other battletomes and were confirmed to get a book at some point, so no more worries about it.

I don't think any terrain piece, except for Wyldwoods, is critical to faction gameplay. I bet, many players wouldn't be taking any terrain if it costed 50-100 points (look at penumbral engine). If we are indeed getting a spawning pool, I see it more like a support to summoning, healing or reviving models. But since spawning pools are part of our spaceships, there are chances that our terrain will be a giant cosmic pylon or a celestial engine. I'd bet on the former.

ChapterAquila92 and LizardWizard like this.
  4. Erta Wanderer
    OldBlood

Erta Wanderer Well-Known Member

IDK,FEC,Khorn, and Fyre slayers really need theirs

LizardWizard likes this.
  5. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

Nurgle as well, at least if they want to even attempt to summon something. Plus the zone of control it gives is absolutly brilliant.

LizardWizard and Erta Wanderer like this.
  6. Erta Wanderer
    OldBlood

yup so every one exept ogres and OBR kinda

LizardWizard likes this.
  7. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

They don't need it, but they also don't have any downside for taking it. It's just a powerfull & free tool to them.

Essentially all factions want to bring their terrain, there's literally no reason not to. But not all of them fully depend on the terrain. Some like the Ogers and OBR can function without, but there's just no reason for them to do that.

8. Erta Wanderer
    OldBlood

hence the kinda all of the terain are worth taking by vertu of having no reason not to but the ones i mentioned first and nurgle(thanks for reminding me i had forgotten them) depend fairly heavily on them. IDK need the ship for field control to keep non flyers back and let them swoop in with eels. FEC need the throne their summoning is very expensive without it and they need the bodies after they take 5 flapy boys all of the above don't just want the terain piece its a key part of what makes the army good.

LizardWizard and Canas like this.
  9. ILKAIN
    Skink Chief

ILKAIN Well-Known Member

Fyreslayers do NOT need their terrain. if it cost any points at all I wouldn't play it.

10. Erta Wanderer
    OldBlood

really? huh ok i would defiantly pay for +1 to prayers but you play the army ill defer to your judgment

LizardWizard likes this.
  11. ILKAIN
    Skink Chief

ILKAIN Well-Known Member

the range of the +1 (18") and the requirement for a priest to be within 6" to activate the +1 is what makes it not a "need". +1 to prayers is great. now make it board wide with a guy in 6" and id say "need". or make it 24" (1/3 the standard battlefield) without a priest near it and id say "'need".

but with the current range and restrictions... not a need, just a nice extra for free.