1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS What Seraphon units do also buff all Order units?

Discussion in 'Seraphon Discussion' started by Nielspeterdejong, Aug 29, 2016.

1. Nielspeterdejong
    Terradon

Nielspeterdejong Well-Known Member

So I am working on a Skink army in which I added my new Hurricanum, it's basically an alternative version of the Skink power army I listed here: http://www.lustria-online.com/threads/rate-my-armies-2000-points.18355/

Celestial Hurricanum
    Slann Starmaster= 260 (general)
    Starpriest= 100
    Skink priest (to buff the Hurricanum)

Unit of 10 skinks= 80
    Unit of 10 skinks= 80
    Unit of 10 skinks= 80

Thunderquake starhost= 120 (always savage)
    Salamander/Razordon= 60
    skink handlers= 40
    Bastiladon with lazer= 300
    Stegadon= 260
    Troglodon= 200

However, I found out that the skink priest only buffs Seraphon units, and the reroll on saves in the shooting phase is also only for Seraphon units. To make matters worse, my Skink starpriest with his -1 on hits only works on (you guessed it) Seraphon units.

Are there any units in the Seraphon which, aside from Mystic shield, can buff my poor Hurricanum?

Bowser likes this.
  2. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

I think our Seraphon are a bit snobbish at this point. I think in future updates they may get changed to Order, like the battlemage did, but as it stands we don't offer any buffs to outside factions.

3. Nielspeterdejong
    Terradon

Ah, that's a pity. Hopefully they will buff that.

Btw, my opponent from last week wanted a rematch and he's making chaos cannons for this. What do you think of the following army?

Skinky Hurricanum

Hurricanum (can't gain save rerolls, but I can buff him with curse of fates and mythic shield)= 320
    Starseer= 160

Unit of 10 skinks= 80
    Unit of 10 skinks= 80
    Unit of 10 skinks= 80

Salamander/Razordon+handlers= 100
    Stegadon= 260
    Engine of the gods= 240

Sure, my poor Hurricanum can't be buffed and get rerolls on saves (poor hting...) but I can at least give him the Starseer's buff, and allow rerolls if I do well with guessing what he will guess that I will take. Plus if I cast Mythic shield on him he'll have 3+ defense.

Bowser likes this.
  4. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

Well if you flank the hurricanum with the bastiladon and the razordon you can reduce the threat range. But you're going to need to keep on the move. Buildings and other terrain is going to be your friend in this I think. Make the most of it. You have a solud set up here, so shouldn't be too many problems

5. Nielspeterdejong
    Terradon

Alright, thanks! I was thinking about moving the Hurricanum in the first round to get rid of his greatest threat, as without those save rerolls he isn't going to last very long if he has artillary himself. Alongside him my Bastiladon and Stegadon will also move in, and try to do as much damage as possible as well. With my Bastiladon more to the right, my other units will move more towards the front and left, so that enemy chargers will have to charge my stegadon and Bastiladon first. At least, that's the plan ;p

Bowser likes this.
  6. Nielspeterdejong
    Terradon

Oh, and when they are bringing out updates, could you give a heads up? I'd love to see my Seraphon being able to buff my Hurricanum as well. The one I bought is really nice, and fits the Seraphon's theme perfectly! http://www.ebay.nl/itm/HURRICANUM-E...ames-Workshop-/172294943569?&autorefresh=true

So I would love to be able to use it in professional plays :)

Bowser likes this.
  7. Nielspeterdejong
    Terradon

Also, I've changed my list, so that I now have a second Bastiladon with lazer and I took the Troglodon instead of engine of the gods:

Hurricanum (can't gain save rerolls, but I can buff him with curse of fates and mythic shield)= 320
    Starseer= 160

Unit of 10 skinks= 80
    Unit of 10 skinks= 80
    Unit of 10 skinks= 80

Salamander/Razordon+handlers= 100
    Troglodon= 200

Do you feel this build is more powerfull then the one with stegadon instead of second Bastiladon, and the Engine of the gods instead of Troglodon?

Bowser likes this.
  8. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

This second one gives you better range with your magic, having the trog there. Two bastiladons are going to be tough to get through for anyone, so it seems that this one is a bit more controlled. The other one a bit wilder.

9. Nielspeterdejong
    Terradon

Well I was thinking about rushing the Hurricanum in to alpha strike his true damage canons. The idea is still that they have to all be withint 10 inch of each other. With the skinks forming a line behind, so they can't come from there. Though if he has more then one unit then there is a chance he won't charge my Bastiladon. But if I position them inside terrain then they should have an advantage.

Bowser likes this.
  10. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

Yep, we have just the starseer that can give generic buffs

Bowser likes this.
  11. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

But on the other end, what units offer buffs to any order unit?

Right off the top I can think of:
    Battlemage
    Loremaster
    Volkmar the grim
    Luthor Huss, Prophet of Sigmar
    Gryph-Hound
    Luminark of Hysh
    Sisters of the thorn

Any that I am missing?

12. Nielspeterdejong
    Terradon

So do any of those units work well with Seraphon? Either a Saurus warrior army or a skink monster army?

Bowser likes this.
  13. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

Battlemage is incredibly versatile.
    White- select a unit, doesn't take battleshock and any friendly units within 6 inches add 1 to bravery.
    Grey- select enemy unit, they get -1 to hit
    Amber- select friendly unit +1 to wound
    Jade- select a unit within 18 inches one model heals D3 wounds and any time that model suffers a wound or mortal wound roll a dice. On a 6 the wound is ignored
    (Great for a heavens watch or Thunderquake or just to make your bastiladon that much harder to kill)

Loremaster- select a unit reroll all failed hit and wound rolls.

Volkmar the grim- prayer (like a spell but can't be dispelled. Roll a dice On a 3 or more choose to either:
    -choose a unit, any time that model suffers a wound or mortal wound roll a dice. On a 6 the wound is ignored
    -select a unit reroll failed hit rolls
    - select a unit add 1 to all run, charge and hit rolls

Luthor Huss also prays:
    - choose a unit, any time that model suffers a wound or mortal wound roll a dice. On a 6 the wound is ignored
    - enemies within 3 inches roll a dice for each 4 or more that unit suffers a mortal wound
    - select a unit, doesn't take battleshock.

Gryph hound - any time an enemy unit gets within 10 inches of a gryph hound, roll two dice, every ubit within that many inches can attack as though it were the shooting phase. (Absolutely brilliant for a skink army.)

Luminark of Hysh - Any Order unit within range of the aura of protection that suffers a wound or mortal wound roll a dice. On a 6 the wound is ignored

Sisters of the thorn- cast a spell that allows a unit to reroll saves, and each 6 you roll to save does a mortal wound back to the attacking unit

Killer Angel and InfamousBeany like this.
  14. Nielspeterdejong
    Terradon

Hold on, about the gryph hound, does that passive work EVERY time a enemy unit enters 10 inches? Meaning that you can keep shooting with your skinks each time one unit enters it?

Bowser likes this.
  15. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

The exact wording is: If an enemy unit is setup within 10" of this unit, roll two dice. Any unit within that many inches of the Gryph-hounds is alerted to the enemy unit’s presence, and can attack it with one of its weapons as though it were your shooting phase. Pretty insane for 40 points a piece.

16. Nielspeterdejong
    Terradon

So in other words, every time a unit is set up within 10 they can attack with all their ranged allies within those two dice? So say they move in to charge (or they charge in) I can attack each unit with all my ranged? (ofcourse rule of 1 applies to allowing me to attack each unit once per turn, so I can't attack them while they both move and charge right?) And then each unit I can attack? Are you sure about that?

If so then that is pretty amazing! A ranged attack for each unit that comes lose!

17. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

Obviously your shooting would have to be in range, and you could glop the rolls and be hust out of range but as I read it, that's how it works.

18. Nielspeterdejong
    Terradon

So what happens if you have two Gryph hounds? Does the effect stack? Or does the rule of 1 apply there?

Bowser likes this.
  19. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

I believe they stack, because it is two separate models giving the ability.

20. Nielspeterdejong
    Terradon

Damn! So two of those hounds will allow you to attack a incoming unit with everything you've got with range twice?

Bowser likes this.