1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS What Seraphon units do also buff all Order units?

Discussion in 'Seraphon Discussion' started by Nielspeterdejong, Aug 29, 2016.

1. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

Seems that way. So pretty darn good buff for a large skink cloud near a skink chief as general. 40 skinks in a unit hitting on 3s with Boltspitters. Chiefs buff hitting on 2s. With 2 Gryph-Hounds that's 80 shots on the enemy's movement or charge phase. Throw in an amber battle mage to add 1 to wound rolls, Shadowstrike to reroll failed hit and wound rolls. Two up rerollable followed by a 4 up rerollable Those skinks may just wipe a unit or two out.

2. Nielspeterdejong
    Terradon

Nielspeterdejong Well-Known Member

That does sound pretty good :) And if I have two bastiladons with lazer it will be even more powerfull! Especailly if I also have the Hurricanum :)

You don't think, that if I use that, he will complain again right? :D

Btw, next rematch he wants to play chaos dwarfs, with few units, and 2-3 canons.

My only chance to win with my current army is to start first (I'm thinking about using Hurricanum). How do you determine who starts first?

Bowser likes this.
  3. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

Whoever finishes placng first, or whatever the scenario says. So remember to place your battalions all at once instead of setting uo the units individually.

4. Nielspeterdejong
    Terradon

So If I just put all my units down at once, I start first? Or do I have to put down my batalions one by one?

5. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

Batallions go one by one, then any units not in a Batallion. Whoever finishes placing first chooses. But luckily most people tend to choose to go second in hopes of rolling off and getting two turns in a row.

6. Nielspeterdejong
    Terradon

Rolling off? Ah, so you can attack twice?

7. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

Yes, in between rounds you roll off, so there is no set turn order. Maybe turn one goes me then you, but then we roll off and turn 2 you go first giving you two turns in a row. Three of you can get the engine of the gods to go your way. There was some debate on Kroak and starseers abilities if you could reroll the dice between turns. Inconclusive but it does say any dice so unless house ruled you can.

8. Nielspeterdejong
    Terradon

Well I'm thinking about making a new "Huricanum Kickassum", and I was wondering what your thoughts on the following purely ranged skink army was?

Hurricanum=320
    2 Gryphhounds= 80 (so if they come charging, I can focus fire each enemy unit with all my ranged units twice! (You sure that is how it works right? Seems really powerfull to me!)

Heavenwatch starhost= 100
    Starseer= 150
    Skink priest= 100
    Bastiladon lazer= 300
    Stegadon= 260
    Troglodon= 200
    2 units of 10 skinks (to meet quota)= 160
    1 unit of 30 skinks= 320

Made to take out their prime targets, and also focus fire those that would charge me.

Do you think this is too much cheeze? Also, I'm thinking about adding a Battlemage in between there for the Amber spell on the skinks, but I'm not sure where to possibly get those points from, or if that is a wise idea to begin with. What do you think?

Bowser likes this.
  9. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

His looks like a strong build. The battlemage wouldbe nice to have, but I think this is fairly strong as it is. Might want to wait to see if anyone argues the Gryph-hounds over here, or on other forums, (I have been wrong before) but as far as I can tell this is going to be killer, but will allow him to get some kills in as well.

10. Nielspeterdejong
    Terradon

Alright great! And you mean get some kills in due to my skinks being relatively squishy? I'm just worried that people are going to call this cheezy like that guy that lost to my guards ^^; since if you put them together all units within 2d6 will be able to focus fire on each unit that comes charging in.

But you feel this is strong, but still not too cheezy?

Also, if a unit is within those 2d6, do all models from that unit get to attack? Or just those models within the 2d6 range?

Bowser likes this.
  11. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

This is a glass cannon, so it's a little cheesey, but not too bad. He will have the accomplishment of killing a lot of skinks, so that's what will take away the cheese factor, as well the two smaller units will suffer in their shooting. The enemy simply needs to be in range of the weapon. The skinks need to be within 2d6 of the Gryph-hounds.

12. Xlanax_lot
    Troglodon

Xlanax_lot Well-Known Member

The seraphon army is one that has its greater strength in sinergy! There are tons of units that make other stronger.

A while back a made a sybergy index that compiles most of the seraphon synergies for every unit clik here to see it. Hope this helps

Bowser likes this.
  13. Nielspeterdejong
    Terradon

I"ll take a look, thanks :)