1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS What steps should I take next? (new Seraphon player)

Discussion in 'Seraphon Tactics' started by ricoratso, Oct 23, 2018.

1. ricoratso
    Jungle Swarm

ricoratso New Member

Hey guys! I just joined pretty recently and the folks in the introductions tab told me to come over here for some advice and discussion into what sort of list I should be building.

I really enjoy the summoning aspect of Seraphon, I play Tyranids in 40k and the fact that both of them can summon in troops when they need seems to be the thing that draws me in. I really enjoy the big monsters that seem to be a major part of the army. Honestly, what I'm trying to convey, is I really enjoy practically everything about the models and I really enjoy the summoning idea.

So my question is where should I go from here and what models should I purchase to make a list that I want to run.

I currently own the Start Collecting box and that's all. I thought that buying Kroak would be a good idea but reading some discussion it makes me believe he is much too expensive for what I want out of him and that I should really just buy a Slann. I'm also a bit concerned about the model? It looks to me it's not made out of the same stuff as the other models, though I could be wrong.

Any help would be most excellent,

Thank you

Crowsfoot likes this.
  2. Crowsfoot
    Slann

Crowsfoot Guardian of Paints Staff Member

3. LizardWizard
    OldBlood

LizardWizard Grand Skink Handler Staff Member

Slann are one of the Finecast models from GW. They are resin.

The best advice I can give you going forward is look into the army's three best battalions. They are as follows: Shadowstrike Starhost, Thunderquake Starhost, Fangs of Sotek. If you search any of those three battalions on Lustria Online you will find dozen's of postings about them.

Regardless of which battalions garner your attention, I recommend these purchases next:
    • Generals Handbook 2018
    • Malign Sorcery
    • Slann Starmaster
    • Saurus Astrolith Bearer (also can just convert one)
    • Engine of the Gods (awesome, but not mandatory)
    • Skink Starpriest
    • More Skinks that you think you will need (if you want to summon lots, these are the things to summon)

Last edited: Oct 23, 2018
    Crowsfoot likes this.
  4. ricoratso
    Jungle Swarm

ricoratso New Member

I will likely be summoning skinks because that seems to be what I like about the Slann. Summoning a ton of smaller guys to the table. I will probably have a few Carnosaurs, Troglodons, etc eventually but probably not as major parts of my army. It would be awesome to own the models because they look amazing so eventually I'll buy them.

I think that sounds pretty reasonable, I am investing in 2 sets of skinks (48 in total) and a Skink Starpriest. I will also probably buy an astrolith bearer model because I really like the way the official model looks. At the moment, it looks like Slann Starmasters are a bit expensive so I might wait until a cheaper one shows up on ebay or amazon.

Crowsfoot and LizardWizard like this.