1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS What wacky new stuff could they add to seraphon?

Discussion in 'Seraphon Discussion' started by Lord-Marcus, Mar 28, 2018.

1. Flo
    Kroxigor

Flo Well-Known Member

Nah just doing his job :D

2. ILKAIN
    Skink Chief

ILKAIN Well-Known Member

got mine yesterday here in the states, the battalion is pathetic. its the "the trap is sprung" ability from the shadow strike.... and literally nothing else. so target a unit within 24 inches of the star priest, every unit in the starstrike gets to re-roll hits and wounds of one against that unit that turn.

3. MinhoAbernathy
    Saurus

MinhoAbernathy Member

Wow GW...thats pathetic. Re-using another battalion to get people hyped up for a new one. Just wow.

ChapterAquila92 likes this.
  4. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

What goes into the battalion though? Given that the box contains a bastiladon and carno it can still be an interesting battalion

5. ILKAIN
    Skink Chief

ILKAIN Well-Known Member

everything. 1 unit of skinks, 1 unit of rippers, 1 unit of terradons, 1 troglodon, one old blood, 1 bastilodon, one star priest

*edit* HAS to be the trog. there is no carno in the battalion

6. ILKAIN
    Skink Chief

ILKAIN Well-Known Member

7. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

well that's just dissapointing… I had hoped it'd at least be a fairly flexibly battalion given that half the box has different build options... now it's just a shadowstrike host with less bonusses and a higher cost. The only thing "new" is that the bastiladon and troglodon potentially have acces to re-rolls for hits and wound rolls which I can't think of another way to give that to them (thunderquake only gives hit or wound rolls never both at the same time)

8. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning Staff Member

Yeah it is too rigid to be really useful. Maybe nice for a narrative game but that's it.
    I even think I might be more disappointed if it had points since it would have to be _really_ cheap to be of any worth.

9. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

Also, the re-rolls are only even usefull on the troglodon and bastiladon. The terradons and rippers already have re-rolls with swooping dive, the skinks are, well skinks, so it's not like they'l hit anything regardless and an oldblood isn't exactly a melee monster that you'd want to buff to even more ridiculous Heights either, at least if it was the sunblood he'd have some use out of it.

ChapterAquila92 likes this.