1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS What wacky new stuff could they add to seraphon?

Discussion in 'Seraphon Discussion' started by Lord-Marcus, Mar 28, 2018.

1. Lord-Marcus
    Slann

Lord-Marcus Sixth Spawning

I'm assuming he meant "doesn't"

Canas likes this.
  2. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning Staff Member

Well, they don't only fight in jungles do they?

But yeah, fair point.

3. pendrake
    Skink Priest

pendrake Well-Known Member

:banghead: :eggonface: :bag:

What I meant to type was:

Chariot does NOT play nice in Jungle.

...always check contemplations for key words, ...always check contemplations for key words, ...always check contemplations for key words, ...always check contemplations for key words, ...always check contemplations for key words, ....

HeirofCarnage and Canas like this.
  4. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

they still mostly live there though, not like they have any major civilizations outside of it.

Aginor likes this.
  5. pendrake
    Skink Priest

Right then... Lizardman-constructed wheeled anything is unlikely. Except maybe:

Temple Guard Chariots

Only found in temple cities where they can operate on the paved plazas, roads, and causeways. Could only be deployed in an army defending a temple city and confined to paved areas.
    ~~~~~~~

Chariot category equivalents might include:

A) Two cold ones, harnessed as a team. On their backs is a shared Howdah. Upon or Inside that there is a team of (4?) Skink Archers. (I think I have suggested this before.) (50x50 Base footprint, or oval AoS equivalent.)

B) Two Cold Ones towing a bamboo constructed platform which floats . Same magic as a Slann Palaquin ...except... this is the Skink Priest version: less power, less weight, less payload. It needs Cold Ones for propulsion; it is mostly bamboo not stone; it carries a few Skinks (BOWSKINKS :sour:!) as crew and shooters.

C) Four Cold Ones lashed together in a team like bearers. There is a 75x50mm platform centered atop them (the whole business is based on a 50x100 chariot base.) The platform carries a massive Bolt Thrower designed to hurl Glyph Bolts, an explosive hollowed out log based projectile. A mad Slann’s answer to those Ogre Chariot Artillery things.

HeirofCarnage, Koriialstraz and Canas like this.
  6. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

Temple guard chariots are still weird given that they can't be taken outside of the city at all. Not to mention that temple cities also have various elevated area's and stairs. It seems like it'd just be a very complicated solution when you already have cold ones, stegadons and bastillidons for fast transportation of materials and troops.

B seems like a cool idea, though cold-ones might be a tad aggresive for this purpose given that they like biting and such. A calmer mount is probably prefered so the platform doesn't get launched all over the place. Dragging it by say salamanders could already work better. Or just make up some new animal to pull it.

For A & C I'd suggest just taking a "mini"-behemoth as the carrier. I don't think it'd be particularly stable to lash in a bunch of cold ones like that and then put a howdah on their back. And again, they seem to aggresive for this.

HeirofCarnage likes this.
  7. Crowsfoot
    Slann

Crowsfoot Guardian of Paints Staff Member

Imagine you have a placard in your hand and chant the following while rasing it up and down.

Baby trog! Baby trog! Baby trog! Baby trog!

HeirofCarnage and Captaniser like this.
  8. pendrake
    Skink Priest

Cold Ones don’t seem much worse (for viciousness) than the fierce boars pulling Orc and Beastmen chariots.

But yeah, just make up a third or fourth species of Cold One. I can think of three plastic types plus the old metal Horned Ones from that Old DoW box. Spiked Ones perhaps.

I was thinking that basic type of lizard because it would be possible to convert some (if one had spare Lizards).

Razordons is a thought.

9. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

Trog's also have the issue of being the same shape as cold ones. I'd guess trog's carnosaurs & cold ones are not very fit for carrying howdahs.

Admittadly, baby trogs do see cool. Especially if they get some synergy with the whole drawn to the screams and cooperating with mommy :p

Those boars are much broader and stable and generally don't try to leap on top of an enemy and bite it's juggalar out. Makes em a lot more fit for pulling a chariot than cold ones :p

For pulling a chariot I'd say you'd probably want something with 4 legs, preferably something bulky that can just trample over enemies. As opposed to a bipedal carnovour who's prefered method of hunting something is by jumping on it and biting its head off.

edit: yes, the goblins that have wolf-pulled chariots are almost as stupid. But at least those aren't bipedal.

HeirofCarnage and Koriialstraz like this.
  10. pendrake
    Skink Priest

We are imagining very different creatures somehow.

Boars fit a 24x50
    H Ones fit a 24x50
    C Ones fit a 24x50**
    C Ones fit a 24x50**
    C Ones fit a 24x50**

And it is ^ possible to ride them all. If they can be ridden, they can be harnessed to a chariot, or they can be stuffed under a howdah.

If they fit the same base they are equally broad and stable.

**Three different styles (species?) in plastic.

11. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

I'm not saying they're not big enough for it. I'm saying that putting a howdah on something like a cold one (or a carnosaur, or a troglodon) wouldn't be comfortable for the people in the howdah. Idem for a war-chariot.

Cold one's are bipedal predators who's main weapon is their bite. They will naturally try to lunge for their enemies and bite at their soft bits. If you put a howdah on that you'l fall off. This makes em unfit for this.

For a chariot they could potentially work, at least if all you care about is that they pull it. Having them actually charge into an enemy while pulling a chariot is probably not that great an idea. They're not good at crashing into enemis. Boars on the other hand who are used at chargin at someone with their tusks are much more capable of withstanding a charge like that.

12. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

NIGHTBRINGER Second Spawning

[​IMG]

Anything is possible... just add lasers!

13. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

I don't think that'd be particularly effective.

ChapterAquila92 and Lord-Marcus like this.
  14. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

15. Lord-Marcus
    Slann

Lord-Marcus Sixth Spawning

I'd like to see temple guard cavalry equivalents

16. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

I mean come on, the people on the flying mounts are bigger than their mounts, that ain't gonne work well.

ChapterAquila92 and Lord-Marcus like this.
  17. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

In a world ruled by magic and imagination anything is possible.

That's why...
    • Deepkin can fight on land with sea creature mounts
    • SCE can actually move in their over-sized armour
    • Kharadron overlords can use metallic balloons to fly
    • Characters riding on monster mounts can still somehow rain down blows in close combat
    • AoS can somehow be enjoyed by people
    • Seraphon can have space faring technology and yet still not easily defeat medieval based opponents (orbital bombardment anyone?)

Just where do we draw the line?

18. pendrake
    Skink Priest

:rolleyes:
    :happy: :hilarious: :woot: :joyful: :hilarious: :D

HeirofCarnage and NIGHTBRINGER like this.
  19. pendrake
    Skink Priest

Once upon a time there was this Crocodile that had long tall legs so it could run on land. RUN..!

[​IMG]

20. pendrake
    Skink Priest

Did real-world horse drawn chariots ever do that? Kinda thinkin’ that was not how they were used.