1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS What would you run instead of salamanders?

Discussion in 'Seraphon Discussion' started by Jason839, Jun 15, 2020.

1. Jason839
    Salamander

Jason839 Well-Known Member

I have a Seraphon player in my gaming group that hasn't been playing very long, and she wants to play but can't get salamanders or any of their proxies. They are just sold out everywhere and with the covid19 restocks aren't happening. So if you were to make lists without the ability to run salamanders what would you replace them with?

2. Erta Wanderer
    OldBlood

Erta Wanderer Well-Known Member

kroxagor or heavy battle line lists like saurus. there is a lot of our book that is good but over shadowed by sallies as long as you don't go to heavy on the big dinosaurs almost anything works well.
    pick a unit that you like take the synergies that go well with it and a CP generator and you can go a long way

Imrahil and LizardWizard like this.
  3. Dread Saurian
    Stegadon

Dread Saurian Well-Known Member

A few knights (10)l a lot of saurus(20) and guard(20) or sub out guard for more saurus if ya want more crumpin. a scarvet on carno(1) and a oldblood on carno(1). Kroxigors(3) bastiladon(1) astrolist bearer(1) with a slann(1). Run koatls klaw and ye be good. The meme build that was given to me by @Carnikang for my dread saurians is too expensive for new people.

4. Grotpunter
    Troglodon

Grotpunter Well-Known Member

Likely blobs of 40 Skinks. Great output with a Priest + Starpriest and plently of bodies for objectives.

It should be possible to get Salamanders on eBay or local facebook groups.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2020
    Dread Saurian likes this.
  5. Dread Saurian
    Stegadon

Dread Saurian Well-Known Member

ARRIZE MY TIDAL WAVE OF SKINKS (is engulfed by thousands of skinks)

Lizerd likes this.
  6. Krissey
    Cold One

Krissey Active Member

Kroxigors. I mean I don't know if they're remotely close in power. I just really like them.

Erta Wanderer likes this.
  7. Erta Wanderer
    OldBlood

they are good if you use them right not as good but one of our hidden gems

PabloTho and Imrahil like this.
  8. Krissey
    Cold One

Krissey Active Member

Do you have have any suggestions? I've been toying around with lists but I am not sure I have quite managed to crack the code.

9. Erta Wanderer
    OldBlood

i use them as body guards and counter chargers. i put them behind a line of troops that is about to get hit and then i charge them in when the first line dies 3 of them will hit very hard if a 10 man skink troop or 1 of the buff heroes is near by. you can also pare them with a 30-40 man blob of skinks they make good cleaners killing whatever survives the shooting and skink charge, you only need to get one in and then peal back skinks when they take damage to let the other krox in

Canas and Imrahil like this.
  10. Tav
    Kroxigor

Tav Well-Known Member

I wish the kroxigors would get the buff from a further range than wholly within 6. It means that anything above a unit of 6 won’t be able to get their +1 hit unless you have a buff hero perfectly placed in the middle of them. They are good elite fighters though, would be nice for them to have more support

Canas, Erta Wanderer and Krissey like this.
  11. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

A knight based list is probably the easiest to use for a new player. Decently effective, nice synergies, a big dinosaur or two can easily fit in the list, and most importantly, it's fairly straightforward. Plus, if you buy 2 start collecting sets you'l have a solid core with 15 knights, a scar vet on cold one & 2 carno's/troglodons, plus whatever else you kitbash out of the left-overs.

12. Nart
    Carnasaur

Nart Well-Known Member

I'd go for bastiladons. They are not nearly as good, but can be tough to crack for some armies. Their shooting is good enough to snipe support heroes, but you want to invest some CP into them to be good.