1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What's the word...

Discussion in 'Painting and Converting' started by Deathfrisbee2000, Jan 24, 2012.

1. Deathfrisbee2000
    Kroxigor

Deathfrisbee2000 New Member

...on the next painting competition? I see someone suggested unit fillers, and I'd be on board for that. But whatever is chosen, it motivates to get my painting butt in gear.

--DF2K

2. strewart
    OldBlood

strewart Well-Known Member

I don't think the last one even went to a conclusion yet as there weren't enough entries...

3. sevensevensare49
    Kroxigor

sevensevensare49 Member

Don't get me wrong i'm all up for a good competition and find it very motivating to get stuff painted, but I found the painting competitions to be a pretty soul crushing experience. One suggestion I would make for future competitions is perhaps some mandatory (positive) feedback when you vote? I found that the couple of minis I entered I received 2 votes max, so obviously there was something I could be doing to improve, but I have no idea what it is. I'd have though that would be the real point of these competitions.
    Just saying.

4. Deathfrisbee2000
    Kroxigor

Deathfrisbee2000 New Member

I like that idea. Offering constructive criticism and letting people know what things they did that worked would be great, especially when you're looking to improve your skills.

--DF2K

5. Old Mossy
    Bastiladon

Old Mossy Active Member

Is that why the last competition didn't finish yet? I assumed SeBM was away or something. Hell, I can finish one of my kroxigors if that'll help things move along.

6. strewart
    OldBlood

strewart Well-Known Member

I agree and thats why I tried giving people two votes each.. Its a small amount of votes overall really, and when you think about it if there is one entry that really stands out above the rest, it will pretty much have to get almost all the votes. There is not really a way around this unless we make the voting results secret not public. We could potentially let everyone give every entry a score out of 10, but honestly the weaker entries (which in many cases have still been great painting) will still have to get a lower vote than any standout entry there may be.

Maybe the voting will have to go secret (via PM) and let the 'voting' thread be just about feedback for all the entries? This would also stop anyone being able to vote for themselves.

7. DanBot
    Ripperdactil

DanBot Member

I thought the same thing.