1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Why no love for Kroxigor?

Discussion in 'Seraphon Discussion' started by Archkyrie11, Mar 9, 2018.

1. Archkyrie11
    Cold One

Archkyrie11 Active Member

I feel like I never see anybody run Kroxigor. Maybe I'm just getting super lucky with them but I have been running them in my Thunderquake list and they have been amazing for me. I personally love them and am just wondering what everyone's opinion on them is.

For Reference my list has been
    Lord Kroak w/ Balewind
    Engine of the Gods
    Astrolith Bearer
    1x3 Kroxigor
    3x10 Skinks
    2x Bastilidons
    Thunderquake Battalion

I do know I do have some heavy hitting with 2 Bastis and Kroak but I like I said the Kroxigor are always just tearing through troops for me just as much as the bastilidons.

Captaniser likes this.
  2. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning Staff Member

I like them but their attacks are just too bad IMO. People rarely playing them shows how mediocre they are.
    Four wounds aren't bad but IMO they should have 5 each or so, like Gore-Gruntas.
    If they had a 3/3 attack instead of a 4/3 they would be something to consider more often, especially because of their anti horde ability.

They are not bad per se, but Razordons have the potential to do a lot more wounds for the same point cost.

3. Archkyrie11
    Cold One

Archkyrie11 Active Member

Considering all the rerolls I'm giving them due to the Battalion and the Astrolith Bearer is making them signifiantly better. But hey thats the joys of being a for fun player, I just run them anyway. I just wish I could get my hands on the Woogity Kroxigor.

4. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning Staff Member

You are right with the right support they do get a lot better!
    And with the shift toward horde armies I think we will see them played more often.

5. Crowsfoot
    Slann

Crowsfoot Guardian of Paints Staff Member

I did have 2 sets of woogity Krox, I gave one set out as a comp prize, regretting it a bit as I thought I could get more, I’ve even thought about trying to cast them myself

Huanata'Kor likes this.
  6. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

I think there's several issues..

For starters they're not all that good. They're not terrible, but they don't really shine in any aspects either.

Secondly, they're fairly expensive.

Third, they don't particularly synergizes with anything. Yes you can take an astrolith bearer and skink starpriest and buff em, but those buffs would be just as effective (if not more) on say a block of 40 saurus warriors. And top of that, those warriors can actually benefit from command abilities.

They're just all-round a tad mediocre. Either they need better synergies or they need better basestats to really start shining.
    With the rise of hordes they might see more use though.

Huanata'Kor likes this.
  7. Lord-Marcus
    Slann

Lord-Marcus Sixth Spawning

They are mediocre and have middling synergy

8. Jason839
    Salamander

Jason839 Well-Known Member

For me it’s an issue of availability and cost. In America they are not carried in stores and so we have to order from the GW website. And they are pretty pricey at around 50 dollars for 3.

9. Lord-Marcus
    Slann

You can get them cheaper.

eBay, trading, various under the table skink dealers.

Skorp likes this.
  10. Slanntastic
    Skink

Slanntastic Member

I just bought 6 and am in the process of putting them together (those darn arms are tough!). I also run a thunderquake and am pretty excited to try them. With re-rolls from a variety of sources I think we can get over 4/3's problem. The synergies inside the battalion are pretty obvious, re-rolling saves and the healing especially if they have a mystic shield make the Kroxigor really tanky. Since I am paying for the battalion already I am thinking that getting more units that benefit from it make the cost more worth while.

I am also really intrigued by the jaws mini game, I am not counting on it to do any sort of consistent damage, but it will be pretty fun to kill off a character or finish off a unit with it :)

11. Lord-Marcus
    Slann

you may want to pin the arms.