1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Will we ever get new units>??

Discussion in 'Seraphon Discussion' started by Orionwill, Mar 5, 2017.

1. Orionwill
    Skink

Orionwill New Member

we are so under powered at the moment do you think we will ever get a buff and actually be competitive again??

2. Solabar
    Skink

Solabar Member

The problem here is that we had an early battletome, so the cracks show worse since GHB and the gap between post and pre battletomes. Also we are part of order without a specific allegiance benefit (outside of changes in battleline) which makes pretty much any new order unit one of ours... Sucky I know as I like "pure" armies too.
    Until we get a new battletome, I doubt we will get anything new. But we might with GHB II

There are other armies ahead of us in the queue though. Dispossessed, Empire, Soulblight,nighthaunt,deathrattle. So I wouldn't hold your breath there.

Also we are only underpowered in Matched Play where our summoning is nerfed. In Narrative and Open, we are arguably one of the strongest.

3. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

I sent some ideas to the development team, haven't heard back yet unsurprisingly!

SimonDread, scubrat and Aginor like this.
  4. LordRibbit
    Temple Guard

LordRibbit Well-Known Member

I heard rumours of a new battletome when I went to the GT.... but I think we'll see others first. Though if GW keep going at the pace they are it won't be long, I think we'll see 3-4 new units per new battletome tbh AoS is making them lots of money atm so it makes sense.

n810, Aginor and Bowser like this.
  5. Qupakoco
    Skink Chief

Qupakoco Keeper of the Dice Staff Member

We made out pretty good a few years ago. With the last LM release we got the Carno/Trog kit, Basti kit, Rippers/Terradon kit, Tetto'eko (Starseer), and the Skink High Priest. Maybe the Dread Saurian too? Our army typically gets something new every 5 years or so.

MerciaBear, Aginor and Bowser like this.
  6. Orionwill
    Skink

Orionwill New Member

yeh most of the guys i play with play matched play so atm im so tempted to stop using my seraphon as i cant be competitive with it

Bowser likes this.
  7. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning Staff Member

I don't think we will get new units soon, (and to be honest we have a lot of different units already, compared to many other armies) but we might get rule changes that make our existing units better again.
    That's what I hope for. :)

Seraphage, claymore36 and Bowser like this.
  8. skipperyoss
    Cold One

skipperyoss Active Member

Once we get a battletome giving us our own allegiance (like stormcast) we will be fine. They seem to be doing it in order, Chaos got one (Tzeentch) Drestruction (Beastclaw Raiders, Order (Sigmarines) and so Death is the last one to get a new one. Hopefully they release it in cycles like this so who knows, maybe we get ours next, maybe the dwarves or the humans do.

n810 and Bowser like this.
  9. DeadlyRecluse
    Chameleon Skink

DeadlyRecluse Well-Known Member

Probably gonna be a while considering we have so many models as is. If you look in the GHB you'll see that we have easily twice the amount of models khorne Bloodbound has, and almost three times the amount of models that dwarves have. If anything I think we'll be seeing a lot more dwarves and chaos in the near future. Possibly more orruks and other destruction stuff (beastmen pls)

Bowser likes this.
  10. ASSASSIN_NR_1
    Carnasaur

ASSASSIN_NR_1 Well-Known Member

The most likely would probably be updated models. Like salamander, Razordon, Kroxigor or even the slann

Bowser and PurpleandGold like this.
  11. PurpleandGold
    Cold One

PurpleandGold Well-Known Member

What were
    your ideas?

Bowser likes this.
  12. skipperyoss
    Cold One

skipperyoss Active Member

Would rather get updated knights and saurus.

More saurus that look like the new Oldblood, and Cold ones that are at least on par with the Dark elf cold ones

13. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

The long awaited Wanderer (Kroxigor hero) A few others, if I don't hear back from anyone at GW this week, I will post up the battletome I started tryig to write and make it a community project.

14. little-myth
    Carnasaur

little-myth Well-Known Member

I actually like the idea of updated models,
    but then I keep staring at the constellation symbols... again.

PurpleandGold and Bowser like this.
  15. InfamousBeany
    Cold One

InfamousBeany Well-Known Member

Yesssss

That sounds llike a blast!

16. ChubbSkink
    Saurus

ChubbSkink Member

I think we need a model redo on Salamanders and Razordons (really old models that are too cartoonish compared to our newest dinos), Cold one Cav, (really silly models at this point). The Dark Elf Cold Ones look so much better, sooooo much better.

A dino or two wouldn't hurt either. Perhaps something shooty? I dunno. One can only hope.

Bowser likes this.
  17. Zirilian of the Claw
    Saurus

Zirilian of the Claw Well-Known Member

If they redo Salamanders, I really want them to return to their dimetrodon design.

Solabar, Qupakoco and Bowser like this.
  18. Seraphage
    Stegadon

Seraphage Well-Known Member

Can we please arrange as a forum to comment into Age of Sigmar page in facebook ? :D These salamanders.. Seriously it's bad commercial for games workshop, They might as well be the ugliest models on sell right now.
    So maybe, just maybe, if enough people comment on it they will consider a remake before our turn comes ? *because as it makes total sense, it will be long before we get new models, New rules sure, but models nah. We have the biggest diversion right now !*

Bowser and PurpleandGold like this.
  19. Zirilian of the Claw
    Saurus

Zirilian of the Claw Well-Known Member

I think the problem with my suggestion is that it would still be better for them to do a combo box. Razors and Sallies each sharing a core body kind of thing, you know?

Ideally, I'd rather have dimetrodon sallies and very ankylosaur (including more herbivore like head instead of the razor mouth) razors each in a 3 unit box.

Jorgik, Seraphage, Bowser and 2 others like this.
  20. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning Staff Member

Style-wise I'd not be happy with a change of the Razordons, IMO they look great.
    They would just be MUCH better in plastic because they would likely be cheaper and more detailed.

The Salamanders.... meh. Still OK but I'd also like the Dimetrodon look better.
    The Dimetrodon by Schleich basically looks like the perfect Salamander to me: http://dinotoyblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/image-18-700x455.jpeg

Bowser and Seraphage like this.