1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows 7

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by strewart, Oct 3, 2009.

1. strewart
    OldBlood

strewart Well-Known Member

I'm shouting it out to the world; I am impressed.

I decided to install it on my PC this morning, and cranked up my old laptop to mess around on msn while it was going, also to download any drivers I might need or troubleshoot online as I have had to do with almost every other windows install.

Well.... I was in a very sleek looking Windows 7 fully installed with all hardware simply working (no searching for drivers needed) before my laptop had managed to get msn going! I never installed Vista on my computer because I hated it from seeing it on other computers, 7 is exactly what Vista should have been. My favourite OS for sure.

Just happy this morning. :)

PS: Don't ask me how I got it before its release. o_O

2. Sammy the Squib
    Salamander

Sammy the Squib Member

Have you ever tried Linux?

3. strewart
    OldBlood

strewart Well-Known Member

Can't say I have. Thought about it, but its compatibility issues and the fact that reviews say it is targetted more at people with a bit of a programmer background rather than basic users put me off trying it. Anyway, I'm happy with 7 now. I have a little gadget stuck on my desktop that is a radar seeking the spirit of Elvis. :p