1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

winged quetzlcoatl

Discussion in 'Painting and Converting' started by beardedgecko, Jun 19, 2009.

1. beardedgecko
    Saurus

beardedgecko New Member

Theres a drawing n the Army book with a Skink chief riding a quetzlcoatl, and Iwas wondering if anyone had made a coversion or heard of a conversion for one. I think it'd look really out standing

2. Eagleblaze
    Temple Guard

Eagleblaze New Member

What exactly is a quetzlcoatl? In the old lizardmen collectors' guide there is a conversion by Andy Hoare of a Lizardmen Coatl.

3. slannfrog
    Cold One

slannfrog Member

4. Eagleblaze
    Temple Guard

Eagleblaze New Member

Unfortunatly not, I just have the lizardmen collectors book, the model looks very similar to the reaper one but is wrapped around a tree so it looks like it is in flight

5. asrodrig
    Carnasaur

asrodrig New Member

Ugh, I really don't like Reaper minis. I've been planning to scratch build my own Coatl for a while now, using a ton of Green Stuff and the Lord of Change wings. I'll probably stick it on a 50mm x 100mm base and make some rules for a friendly game. Maybe set up an epic match against the DE dragon or that stupid Morathai.
    @ Eagleblaze: Quetzalcoatl was the ancient Aztec god, who was a big feathery snake, I guess. I also second Slann Frog's request for a picture. Maybe scan it, or at least take a picture of it?

6. WheelR
    Chameleon Skink

WheelR New Member

Why the hate against Reaper models? I am still planning to get those guys but i slack at ordering alot anyways..

The aztecs had more gods ofcourse than Quetzalcoatl(Not to be confused with Itzcoalt which was a great Aztec ruler).. but he, or i guess it, was related to alot of gods such as the winds, merchants/arts and knowledge.. He was also the patron god of priesthood. But enough history lessons!

When i saw that picture i really wanted one myself.. but im still exploring the world of convertions so i don't want to waste money on it yet. Finding out this editions terradons look rather.. let's say silly for the time being..

Get the Reaper mini.. put a skink on it with a nice pose and i guess your pretty much done.

7. beardedgecko
    Saurus

beardedgecko New Member

I may do that, but the real problem is that I think its actually a kink priest riding it, which I can do no problem and just call it a skink chief on a terradon, but if you look at the picture, its HUGE. A I right? I mean it really looks big, almost dragon size

8. beardedgecko
    Saurus

beardedgecko New Member

What about this

Model a scratchbuilt cotl thats as big as a stegadon but winged, put 5 guys on it and use the old "counts as" rule for Skink Chief on stegadon.

9. asrodrig
    Carnasaur

asrodrig New Member

I just hate the look of them. I've seen a couple of them in Lizardmen armies, and I think they just look poopy. Especially when compared to the new range of models.