1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

7th Ed. WoC Cheese

Discussion in 'Rules Help' started by Flint13, Jun 13, 2010.

1. Flint13
    Saurus

Flint13 New Member

Hey guys, quick question for you. I just had a great time fighting a warriors of choas player. One thing I think he was trying to slip by me though...

He had an exalted hero with both the helm of many eyes and the armor of Zhrakk.

Supposedly, this gives him ASF and the armor (since it makes them Immune to psyc) negates the penalty of stupidity that the helm causes.

Does being immune to psyc cancel out the stupidity?

Is this right? or did i get played?

Thanks in advance!

2. Skrox
    Cold One

Skrox New Member

Read the "immune to psychology" section of the BRB at pg 53, you'll notice it doesn't mention stupidity at all. It doesn't mean immune to all psychology, but something more specific.

He is still stupid.

3. Kurlin
    Ripperdactil

Kurlin New Member

If you had a great time playing him don't automatically think he was necessarily trying to put something past you. That could easily be a honest mistake. I know I have messed up some rules before. Just talk to him about it next time you see him and calmly point out you think he was playing it wrong.

But yes skrox is correct, he is still stupid. Also on pg.52 in the BRB it mentions that creatures that are stupid are also immune to psychology, obviously this does not mean they are no longer stupid. And remember this means creatures, not the hero that becomes stupid from the helm(so he doesn't automatically become immune to psych)

4. Eternity_Warden
    Terradon

Eternity_Warden New Member

I don't really know WoC at all, but those items both sound like magic armor to me. If they are, then he can't have both since a character is limited to one magic item from each category. If they're not, then never mind. ;)

5. Skrox
    Cold One

Skrox New Member

The helm is an enchanted item, so he can have both. I don't think this guy was trying to pull a fast one, took me a minute to figure it out myself.

6. Flint13
    Saurus

Flint13 New Member

Ah, ok, that makes alot more sense now. I thought that a 40 point setup that made an exalted hero ASF and ITP (as well as killing blow and poison) seemed a little underpriced. Still, the setup is pretty good, considering. He was using him with a great weapon, so that was 4 str 7 attacks that ASF. stupidity isn't *gawdaweful* at LD8 especially since chaos warriors get stuck into combat pretty soon anyway. But ask any dark elf player and they will tell you that it will kill more coldone knights than bolt throwers and urarnon's thunderbolt combined!

7. Eternity_Warden
    Terradon

Eternity_Warden New Member

Okay, good. Couldn't tell since sometimes helms are armor (stegadon helm) and sometimes they're other things.

8. Kurlin
    Ripperdactil

Kurlin New Member

Well the armor also states that the character using it can NEVER confer their leadership to another as well. But that doesn't hurt WoC all that much.

9. Flint13
    Saurus

Flint13 New Member

This is true, but aren't normal chaos warriors already LD8 with re-rollable panic tests? seems like the only thing that would suffer is marauders, and even then, not that much. Guess it would be a bad idea for a lord level general thou eh?

10. Kurlin
    Ripperdactil

Kurlin New Member

Yup most of their LD is 8 already, that's why it doesn't hurt that bad at all.