1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wotcher

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Bakatron, Jul 24, 2009.

1. Bakatron
    Skink

Bakatron New Member

Hey folks. Figured I should say hi (well, ok, Strim told me to over in the army list forum :p) - so hi. Name's Nick, and I'm in Cardiff, over in arse-end of the UK. I've recently got back into GW games (darned Mordheim campaign!) and I'm trying my first ever Warhammer army. I always figured I'd play Skaven if I played Warhammer, but two things changed my mind. Firstly, since I last played the game, they took out the Doomwheel and Verminlord, two of my favourite models... and secondly, DINOSAURS! Warhammer didn't have dinosaurs last time I looked!

So, one Stegadon and a Batallion later, and I had the start of a Lizzie army. Now I've got a small pile more troops, including a Carnosaur and a bunch of Terradons winging their way to me in the post, and I'm hoping to have my first game on Sunday!

So.. yeah, hallo :)

2. snowywlf
    Cold One

snowywlf New Member

Welcome aboard! Always good to have more folks!

Since you are new to Lizardmen, check out the Tactics forum. We're putting together some Unit FAQs now and you will find a plethora of information by doing a Search.

Oh yes, if you're a painter, we need pics! I love seeing our dino's rocking out, they are some of the most varied in Warhammer Fantasy.

3. Barotok
    Terradon

Barotok New Member

Welcome to the forums! I think you'll find the community a very helpful and diverse place. I have found it to be an awesome way to connect with folks around the world, given our hobby is world wide. I looke forward having you join the discussion soon!

*edit* Move thread request, removed. Apparently I can't read what forum I am browsing.

4. Strim
    Skink

Strim New Member

Hi and welcome! Yes, there is no more Doomwheel, but they are planning to make it again when 7th edition of skavens comes out (which is to be around october-december this year [or so they say]... :D good for a friend of mine)

So enjoy it, and let the Old Ones guide your way

5. strewart
    OldBlood

strewart Well-Known Member

Greetings, welcome to the forum and the lizardmen! You should find this part of the jungle a nice place to stay. ;)

6. Bakatron
    Skink

Bakatron New Member

Ooo, it's coming back? I see my next army already...

Thanks all! I shall endeavour to get some photos of my lizzies uploaded for you. I've got a Steggy and a salamander painted so far, and my first skink unit is nearly finished.. just eyes, teeth, tongues, odd details and a bit of highlighting to go. I wouldn't say I'm the world's greatest painter (that honour goes to my friend Nicola) but I'm passable!