1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

8th Ed. Would this be an allcomers list with great variety?

Discussion in 'Lizardmen & Saurian Ancients Army Lists' started by Shaynoor, Jun 14, 2011.

1. Shaynoor
    Skink

Shaynoor New Member

EDIT:
    I am going with solo unkillable Slann (Light) :)

I can skip my scar veteran, in the last few games i've had, he has not really shown his worth.
    Really like the idea of many different monsters, and the Solo Light Slann is there to buff the units.
    Reason for not taking "mystery" is that I only need 2 or 3 spells from the lore. "Pha's", "Speed of light" and "Bironas" and chances for rolling either the spells or double (for free choice) is good.

Lord:

Slann (Light) w. BSB, Rumination, Higher state of consiousness, unfathomble presence, Divine plague of protection, dragonban Gem and Banner of Swiftness

Core:

20 skinks + 2 kroxigors w. musican and banner
    24 saurus warriors w. musican + banner and hw/s (6x4)

Special:
    3 Terradons
    3 Terradons
    6 Chamelion skinks
    6 Chamelion skinks
    7 Chamelion skinks

Rare:
    2 Salamander w. 1 extra handler
    1 Ancient Stegadon

Point sum = 2500 exactly

The sight of this many blocks, combined with the sheer number of models I will place would be intimidating
    What do you think?

2. n810
    Slann

n810 First Spawning

Yea that shold work.... :D

3. Hiv0r
    Chameleon Skink

Hiv0r New Member

Skim your saurus units down to 20 to get the Skrox units to 24s/3krox.

You have made the commom mistake of neglecting to let us know what lore your slann is taking the different in list design between the lore of your slann is HUGE so its difficult to comment on your list.

List looks good but I would drop one of the saurus/skrox blocks to fill up on some skirmishing skinks for some decent chaff and to take down aboms etc.

Also you houserules doesnt allow you a difference of 5 points, you are just playing 2505 point games and must stay within that ;)

4. Shaynoor
    Skink

Shaynoor New Member

EDIT:
    I am going with solo unkillable Slann (Light) :)

I can skip my scar veteran, in the last few games i've had, he has not really shown his worth.
    Really like the idea of many different monsters, and the Solo Light Slann is there to buff the units.
    Reason for not taking "mystery" is that I only need 2 or 3 spells from the lore. "Pha's", "Speed of light" and "Bironas" and chances for rolling either the spells or double (for free choice) is good.

Lord:

Slann (Light) w. BSB, Rumination, Higher state of consiousness, unfathomble presence, Divine plague of protection, dragonban Gem and Banner of Swiftness

Core:

Special:
    3 Terradons
    3 Terradons
    6 Chamelion skinks
    6 Chamelion skinks
    7 Chamelion skinks

Rare:
    1 Ancient Stegadon

Point sum = 2500 exactly

The sight of this many blocks, combined with the sheer number of models I will place would be intimidating
    What do you think?

5. Arli
    Skink Priest

Arli Moderator Staff Member

I always take the revered guardian. If I can get a scar-vet in there as well, I will. This way, the scar-vet can direct all his attacks at the unit instead of the champion.

6. Shaynoor
    Skink

Shaynoor New Member

Thanks for the comments. I have now Edited my list, and it fits with advices from you guys :)
    In the end, it's only a friendly list, but I like many models and I like different monsters.

7. Shaynoor
    Skink

Shaynoor New Member

How does my new list look to you? :)
    No Heroes, like Scar-vets or Chiefs, as I like many models and this is only a friendly list.