1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wound/action counters

Discussion in 'Painting and Converting' started by Arli, May 14, 2010.

1. Arli
    Skink Priest

Arli Moderator Staff Member

What do you guys use as wound counters and or action tokens and such. I know that galeforce9 has some, but I was thinking of making my own counters. The first thought I had was to use the old Risk roman numerals (armies) for wound counters, and making other counters from plasticard.

What do you guys use (besides dice)?

Thanks

2. bradsul
    Skink

bradsul New Member

I have some opaque, flat glass beads that I like to use. I made up a set of 6 that are numbered to use for charge declarations. I made up a few more with RiP (Remains in Play) on them for marking units as necessary. I just used a sharpie and then sprayed them with a high gloss lacquer so they wouldn't rub off. Not exactly artistic but they get the job done. :)

3. Arsenal
    Temple Guard

Arsenal New Member

I use ones I purchased from Litko Aerosystems, and they are great. You need to assemble them though.

DSC08969.jpg

They also allow you to order custom markers/counters as well and the full set of 27 total markers was only 20$.

http://www.litkoaero.com/page/LAI/PROD/MPM/TS122

4. Arli
    Skink Priest

Arli Moderator Staff Member

That is exactly what I want. I will look at those and see if I can jury rig me some like those.

Thanks

5. Arsenal
    Temple Guard

Arsenal New Member

NP. You could probably do it with thicker plasticard or with the thicker paper art board you can get at any art shop. Post em up when you you are working on them, I'd love to see them.

6. strewart
    OldBlood

strewart Well-Known Member

Wow they are really cool... We just use dice for wounds, and try to remember everything else.

7. Great Lord Tlanxla
    Saurus

Great Lord Tlanxla New Member

Those GW ones actually work out pretty well. Plus with those you get markers for just about everything like comet of casandora and wall of fire, etc