1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Wrath of the sun, 2k GH2017 tournament list

Discussion in 'Seraphon Army Lists' started by Buldi, Aug 26, 2017.

1. Buldi
    Saurus

Buldi Active Member

Long time no see cold-blooded brothersssss... Time to make lizardmen great again

Slann starmaster 260
    Great remembrencer
    Prism of amyntok

Saurus sunblood 120
    Blade of realities

Skink priest 80
    Cloack of feathers

Skink starpriest 80

Saurus warriors (10) 100
    Celestial clubs

Saurus warriors (10) 100
    Celestial clubs

Saurus warriors (40) 360
    Celestial clubs

Kroxigros (6) 320

Dread saurian 400

Sunclaw starhost 130

Salamander (1) 40

Total: 1990pts

Any thoughts? Advices?

2. Lykiaos
    Skink

Lykiaos New Member

Heya,

So I am going to give a bit of a warning before I say anything and let you know I am rather new to AoS. However, I do have a few ideas for ya!

I think your group of 40 warriors should be armed with spears instead of clubs (Although personally, I have mine armed with clubs because of the rule of cool!) unless they changed the ranges in the new GHB the spears will give you extra attacks in that big block, and you'll squeeze some more value out of them!

Other than that I think the list looks rock solid. Good work!

Buldi likes this.
  3. Buldi
    Saurus

Buldi Active Member

Thanks. I am tempted to use clubs because they look frickinng cool B) i will test both options, the 3+ wound roll seems for me the better one.
    But as always, the battlefield will verify it.

Lykiaos likes this.
  4. Lykiaos
    Skink

Lykiaos New Member

Ya man, don't get me wrong, the clubs look amazing!!! please report back with your findings, because I very much want to be wrong, so I can use them all clubs too :p You inspired me to try your list!

Buldi likes this.
  5. Buldi
    Saurus

Buldi Active Member

Ha! Thank you, its very nice of you!

6. Tizianolol
    Temple Guard

Tizianolol Active Member

Hi! This list Is very solid! My suggest can be remove priest and starpriest for summon an astrolith saurus that can buff your 40 warriors! His buff is fantastic if you got many attacks!!;)

7. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning Staff Member

Depending on what you want to do that might not the best idea.
    That way he would give up the Celestial Rites buff, the Summon Starlight spell and the Serpent Staff buff.
    I would not want to swap those out for an Astrolith Bearer in most cases. That guy is great, no question, but unless you want to teleport him around the board you can only use him on defense because of 10" range and he cannot move.

That being said: Teleporting an Astrolith Bearer and a group of 40 Saurus onto an objective sounds like something that could be interesting to do.

8. Tizianolol
    Temple Guard

Tizianolol Active Member

I think with gh17 seraphon new abilityes summon+ teleport Is really interesting. You can teleport a big unit and summon like handlers or astrolith! They are easy to summon . Their buffs got short range too and summon can help you again.im not surprised if seraphon became top tier in that new season. We got more mobility then sylvaneth or stormcast chariot!!:)

9. Mune
    Skink

Mune Member

Well we can port up to two units,
    Sylvaneth can port the complete army.

10. Tizianolol
    Temple Guard

Tizianolol Active Member

But they need wildwoods to do it, and kournos hunters are expensive now, i think sylvaneth are nerfed so mutch now

11. Mune
    Skink

Mune Member

Getting 6 hunter and alarielle into your face turn 1, will still hurt very much.
    And thats a 1 drop army, if u place yourself bad, thats bye bye slan turn 1.

Buldi likes this.
  12. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning Staff Member

While it is true that we got significantly stronger and some top tier armies (Sylvaneth and Bonsplitterz just to name two) got a bit worse, I am still pretty sure that between experienced players Seraphon will not be a domination army.
    That being said: I am very sure that - for now - we are in the top10 of armies, and there will be lots more wins by Seraphon players against many armies than before. And yes, that will cause people to cry for a Seraphon nerf, and yes, they might get that wish in the next edition. So be happy while we have it! :)

EDIT: To elaborate on thit a bit more: Mobility is something strong in the meta, and we have that now, but also strong are mortal wounds, and we don't casue that many of them. We also don't have many means to withstand them. So that will surely play a role.

Buldi likes this.
  13. slowplay85
    Jungle Swarm

slowplay85 New Member

I am not sure why this thread seems to think Sylvaneth got nerfed when in fact they got buffed. Might want to take a look at FAQ. Hunter point change was offset by others and made no real change. The strongest list possible is still the same except flutter no longer effects everyone but just enemies hugeeeee buff!!! That being said I am really struggling on what to do with Seraphon because battalion point cost are crazy and sadly guard did not get a point reduction or 1 more wound buff. I still personally see Kroak as useless as ever, I could be missing something but I am just not seeing it. I mean when compared to reg slann and just having way more options/synergies. Thunder is now 220 and that is a hard pill to swallow and shadow strike seems really strong still at 170 but eternal at 130 now is a bummer. I cant stand horde in AOS for obvious reasons... slows the pace of games so much. Here is what I own.
    slann/Kroak
    sunblood
    starpriest
    eternity
    bsb
    30 guard
    1 sally
    1 krox
    2 bast
    1 trog
    6 rippers
    10 camo
    1 eog
    Wondering if with porting now if taking a battalion is even worth it. Any thoughts on this?

Buldi likes this.
  14. Mune
    Skink

Mune Member

Just to get this clear, my Sylvaneth List went up from 2k to about 2400.
    Thats 2 units of hunters I have to cut off.
    Maybe I'm blind but how exactly is this a buff? :D

15. Solaris
    Skink

Solaris Member

Against a 1 drop army you have all the possibility in the world to deploy perfectly. If you place yourself bad and lose your Slann against a 1 drop, then you deserve to lose the game regardless of what kind of list your opponent is playing :p

Then I think you're in for a rough time, max size units are going to be the name of the game for a while.

Seraphage likes this.
  16. Mune
    Skink

Mune Member

He drops all his stuff with 1 drop.
    You deploy all your stuff.
    He redeploys the 6 hunters up to 3" away from you, anywhere so even behind you.
    He moves alarielle 16"

Game starts.
    Alarielle casts up to 3 casts into you face. And believe me, her spell hurts.
    Alarielle shots into your face for d6.
    She and the Hunters charge.
    Alarielle has printed 5 dmg with the beatle and i think 4 attacks + mortals if next to terrain.
    She even has to option to 1 hit every model in the game.

If he wants your slan he will get it.
    Or he will do so much dmg to your non buffed units you wont recover.

17. slowplay85
    Jungle Swarm

slowplay85 New Member

Queen
    Durthu
    Drycha
    Tree rev x5
    X3 hunter bow
    X3 hunter bow
    Dryads x 10
    Dryads x 10

Thats 2k points before and now so how is that a nerf with drycha buff?

18. slowplay85
    Jungle Swarm

slowplay85 New Member

Not sure what you are using but see list above and win

19. slowplay85
    Jungle Swarm

slowplay85 New Member

Then I think you're in for a rough time, max size units are going to be the name of the game for a while.[/QUOTE]

Never lost to horde army and dont see it happening anytime soon. So much anti horde already in the game I really doubt there is much change. Other than boring long draged out games at the local shop. I play Sylvaneth anti anything, Lizardmen which with what I have horde wont be an issue, then overlords before the retarded nerf to thunderers which I would only give 1 buff and not abuse god I am still pissed about that change.

20. Mune
    Skink

Mune Member

I doubt your list would win any big tournament.
    But hey if works for you in your enviroment, thats cool.
    Have to play against some of the top 10 ranked ger players most of the time.
    This list would just fail aginst those players.
    I even dont think anyone at greater tournaments will field bow hunters anymore, we have a much better point/dmg value unit now.
    But like I said, if it works for you, its ok for me. :)