1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yes, I'm terrible at painting, but regardless...

Discussion in 'Painting and Converting' started by Miyuso, Jul 1, 2016.

1. Miyuso
    Skink

Miyuso New Member

yeah, I'm not very good at painting, but here is my first multibased unit of Salamanders (KoW). More to come when I have them done (and hopefully looking better). Phone Pictures 2074.jpg

2. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

They don't look too bad, I like the black and silver look! Get a few taller aquarium plants for your multi base so it looks a bit fuller and this will look fantastic!

3. Crowsfoot
    Slann

Crowsfoot Guardian of Paints Staff Member

We all started some where and with practice you will lmprove just take it step by step and don't panic.

They look great so far and I will hopefully have my units finished for KOW in the next few weeks

4. Miyuso
    Skink

Miyuso New Member

I was thinking I should add some plants and reeds to make it look a little fuller. The idea is that the entire army lives underwater (Sunken Temple City in WHFB), and is designed to look like a school of fish when marching underwater. I just need to get everything looking good on this multibase, and I'll then do the other 2 units I have :)

Bowser and Crowsfoot like this.
  5. SlanntaClause
    Carnasaur

SlanntaClause Well-Known Member

The black pokey out tongue one reminds me of one of the superhero villains maybe from a Spiderman one or something I cant recall where from or am I thinking about something from alien vs predator ? or just an alien film? my mind vaults have not stored this information wisely so I cannot access a full and complete record of where I think I know this vague something that I Cleary don't know :p

Bowser and Crowsfoot like this.
  6. Crowsfoot
    Slann

Crowsfoot Guardian of Paints Staff Member

Your thinking of Venom

SlanntaClause likes this.
  7. SlanntaClause
    Carnasaur

SlanntaClause Well-Known Member

Yeah that sounds about right :D

Crowsfoot likes this.
  8. Miyuso
    Skink

Miyuso New Member

Huzzah for Poison weapons then ;)

SlanntaClause, Bowser and Crowsfoot like this.
  9. Otzi'mandias
    Ripperdactil

Otzi'mandias Well-Known Member

Pfft, they look fine to me. Anyway, everyone has a number of bad artworks, and the sooner you get them out the way, the sooner you can move on to the really good stuff. This is the truth. Its totally nothing to do with practice.:D

Also, with the dark colours at the moment, a brighter higlight would really stand out. Maybe bone colour or something?

Bowser likes this.