1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blog Yet to be named Lizardmen army!

Discussion in 'Personal Paint Logs' started by DanBot, Aug 12, 2011.

1. n810
    Slann

n810 First Spawning

Re: Let to be names Lizardmen army!

They changed the hand weapon + shield rule instead of just extra armor,
    you now get a 6+ ward save in close combat.

2. DanBot
    Ripperdactil

DanBot Member

Oh. The 6+ parry save. Ok. I know about that. I thought you ment a +5 save. Or am i missing something else? Is is +5?
    I see the edit. Thanks. I was hoping haha. 5+ would have been pretty kick ass.

Here is what i did today. I didn't like the champion in the skink command as a brave for the Skrox. Because they are new models and the champion is an old one, he is smaller than the actual skinks in the unit. So i made my own brave. I'll probably add to him before I prime him. But I think I am going to use the old Champion from the command box for a brave in the skirmishers. So I just need 2 more champions.
    Skrox.jpg

Since there are only 24 skinks in a box and i need 16 per unit I have to convert 2 OOP skinks that i do have for each unit. So my new problem is shields for the two. Are there extra shields in the steg boxes i could use? Maybe some hand weapons.

3. n810
    Slann

n810 First Spawning

Yes there are LOTS of extra bits in the Steg box, you should DEFINATELY open the box. :smug:

4. Saurus_Guardian
    Skink

Saurus_Guardian New Member

oh i see, nice congrats on a good follow of the picture, just a little more detail and clear differences would be nice, flat colours then move on to detail :smug:

5. DanBot
    Ripperdactil

DanBot Member

I Opened my steg box. :) so much stuff. So much stuff. Anyway i also i got a new charger for my gf's camara. So i should have to good pictures up here soon.

6. DanBot
    Ripperdactil

DanBot Member

Re: Yet to be names Lizardmen army!

It seems I never posted the pictures of my new skink skirmishers' trays. I'll fix that right now. Also some good news! I decided i wasn't going to post in my picture log till i started painting something more interesting than the normal plain skins that I have painted like 50 of by now. And on that note I entered SeBM's bimonthly contest. I am 90% done with the conversion of my Krox that I entered. Done enough that i can post a picture of it here, done enough that you can see it in it's entirety.

IMG_0236.jpg
    I still have to hold him together so he doesn't drop his axe. But here he is! I'm pretty exceited about him since he is the first conversion I have ever really done. Aside from some globs of green stuff that I stuck on a skink and called him a brave. I'll post the WIP of him too though he isn't anything special. But I'll post him so you all know what I'm talking about.

Only problem I am having with my kroxigor conversion is that he has way too much armor. Not my original intension. But I'll overlook it. It's good enough for me. I was originally going to convert him from a Doombull. But this model was half the price.

7. n810
    Slann

n810 First Spawning

Ok I haven't seen that model before, what is he converted from?

8. DanBot
    Ripperdactil

DanBot Member

Now I'll take a few steps back and give you an update on my skinks. ;)

I'll start with the poor cpnversion I mentioned last post.
    IMG_0233.jpg

Can't say much about him. I primed him in the cold so I lost some detail in his face and on the green stuff (the primer sunk into the cracks like a wash and missed a lot of the high sharp edges. Not sure why). So not exactly pleased with him. But whatever. My focus is on the Krox till Dec 15. I'm actually more excited about the plants laying down to thr right of him. I made like 15 of them I pay post later.

Next we have the new "completed" tray
    complete-tray.jpg

I say "completed" because of course it's still very rough in this image. It's actually further along than what it is in this picture. No rocks, the bases of the plants are still green stuff, and they aren't even glued down here. I have three of them and they are much further along than this. But this is the most up to date picture I have atm. Good for the General idea. Oh I also added a few snakes I made to the current trays. Yet still WIP.

Also on the skink topic, I have some green sheilds and some jade javs on the way thanks to our fellow painters here. :)

9. DanBot
    Ripperdactil

DanBot Member

I probably should have mentioned that. He is called a Trollblood Axer. I was looking at the doombull and i ran into someone saying the doombull was a rip off of this model and a stolen idea. So I figured I'd check him out. And the blue skin and the red crest just screamed "Perfect!!!" And at half the price. Win, win.
    All the troll bloods give me ideas for conversions. I'll be using them again. ;)

10. Old Mossy
    Bastiladon

Old Mossy Active Member

What's the head from? Is it a lizardmen model, or just the straight trollblood axer head? Looks freaking rad, mate. Good luck for the comp.

11. DanBot
    Ripperdactil

DanBot Member

Oh that's just a regular Kroxigor head with i tiny bit of green stuff. But It is my favorite part of him. His head looks a lot less cave man like and not as hunched over as the regular kroxigor models. It's more like a dinosour looking neck and head combo than the hunched over cave man kroxigor look.

12. totzro
    Kroxigor

totzro Active Member

Great use of the trollblood model! Hordes and warmachine have a great range of fine minatures with really dynamic poses. I'm particully fond of their minion posses, the gators and such. Could make the bases for some great lizardmen conversions.

13. DanBot
    Ripperdactil

DanBot Member

I actually planned on using one as my second krox ancient. :)

14. DanBot
    Ripperdactil

DanBot Member

OK. So I don't want to reveal too much of this Krox I'm painting before the contest, But I am too excited about him. So I'll post one last picture of him befor the contest. The conversion is completely done now and he is primed black. But I did one last cool thing with him. Remember how I said he was looking a little too out of place with his armor and big axe? Well I put some Lizardmen writing on his axe. It says "Que". Which means "Blood/Fate". And then on the back end of the Axe I put the glyph for my armies temple city. It's not one of the ones in the book. Just one i made up. City of Blood.

Looks a little rough. I know. But it wasn't easy.

axe.jpg

For the scale of this thing.

scale.jpg

Got a little of my WIP jade skink in the corner of that one.

15. Lord Tsunami
    Salamander

Lord Tsunami Member

very cool, but i think you should wait with posting WIPs until after the competition. if we have all seen your cool model a thousand times before we vote we might be tired of it and think some other entry is cooler ;)

16. DanBot
    Ripperdactil

DanBot Member

I know I know. But i couldn't help it. Also it is almost unnoticeable detail. I'm sure it would be overlooked if you didn't know to look for it. ;) Since it isn't a normal kroxigor model and all. I kind of wanted to post it for that reason. But like i said that is the last preview till the Dec 15th. There is more fine detail done on the head that Old Mossy may have noticed though not intended. Untill the 15th that is. Look for the details. They'll be hard to spot since most people are unfamiliar with the model.

17. DanBot
    Ripperdactil

DanBot Member

So I found these cool Skink looking things online that i want to use as my handlers, but they don't list their size anywhere i look.
    http://shop.hydraminiatures.com/pro...id=38&osCsid=53a3c824cc1d527c400ab497f5cf3fec
    Ug%20Herbivore%20spear-2.jpg

They are sooo cute though. I may get them anyway. Look at that little face!

I also found this little bugger.
    http://miniaturereview.blogspot.com/2010/12/studio-mcvey-ruby.html

I have a carnosaur already. But I am pretty sure I can use this for something.
    Almost certin I'm getting it. Though i did notice the dino has a saddle. That is a bit discouraging.

18. Arli
    Skink Priest

Arli Moderator Staff Member

That is a neat little handler. Saurus in training. As far as the saddle goes (on the big lizard), if you look at our Cold One Cavalry, they all have saddles as well. The carnosaur does as well.

19. totzro
    Kroxigor

totzro Active Member

My spontaneous reaction is that the dinosaur could be used as a cold one for a scar-vet or a saurus cavalry champion.

20. DanBot
    Ripperdactil

DanBot Member

Yeah, I'm just conserned about the scale. It's on a 50 mm base so to me the girl looks to be bigger than a saurus warrior. So I'm hoping the saddle is a size that doesn't look rididulous with a saurus on it. I wasn't ever conserened with the size of the dino because, hell I can use it for something no matter how big he turns out to be. But that saddle may throw it all off.
    Yeah i was going to use him as a champion if he is around the right scale. But I think he is a little bigger than that. he's on a 50 mm base. Maybe a cold one for a scar-vet and I can let him hang off the sides a little. Or increase the base size with some cork or something so he fits.

I have some extra kroxigor bits. Maybe if the saddle turns out big I can put him on it in some way and make him a real big old blood.