1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

8th Ed. Zarmuda 1000pts to get started!

Discussion in 'Lizardmen & Saurian Ancients Army Lists' started by Lord Bufo, Oct 16, 2013.

1. Lord Bufo
    Saurus

Lord Bufo New Member

Lord

Saurus Oldblood
    - Stegadon Helm
    - Piranha Blade

Heroes

Skink Priest
    - Lore of Beasts

Core

Saurus Warriors x 16
    - HW + S

Skink Skirmishers x16
    - Blowpipes

Special

Temple Guard x 9
    -Halberd

Terradons x3
    - Fireleech Bolas

Bastilladon
    - Solar Engine

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

To explain this is not the list I want to field, currently these are all the models that I own. I'd rather jump in with what I've got rather than sit around and twiddle my thumbs. So with that in mind I'd love to read some feedback on what I could do better with what I have or tactics on how to use this formation.

2. celebrir
    Jungle Swarm

celebrir New Member

--Heroes--
    Sarus Scar-Veteran, Dawnstone, Dragon Helm, Light Armour, Shield, Shrieking Blade
    Skink Priest,Luckstone, Level 2 Wizard
    --Core--
    30x Saurus Warrior
    10x Skink Skirmisher. Javelin and Shield
    10x Skink Skirmisher, Javelin and Shield
    10x Skink Skirmisher, Blowpipe
    10x Skink Skirmisher, Blowpipe
    --Special--
    Bastilidon

I think this is playable and you only need to use your old blood as a scar vet with little bit different equibment and buy another pack of skinks and saurus warriors which are always useful

3. Dreadgrass
    Ripperdactil

Dreadgrass Member

Just my thoughts on the options you have available. I think you have a real solid start to a larger army, but need a little bit more of some things to round the units out.

If your thinking about future purchases I'd suggest considering the battalion box, it will give you more saurus, TG, and skinks to round out those units and some coldone cavalry which you can either build as Cold One Cavalry or do as many have and convert them into a bunch of mounted scar veterans/ Old Bloods.

4. Lord Bufo
    Saurus

Lord Bufo New Member

Thanks for the help! What an amazing breakdown, I've never played a game so this is very helpful. I'm definitely going to converge my Temple Guard and Saurus Warriors into one biog block; that should free up some points for me to spend elsewhere either on my Oldblood or those Chameleon Skinks. I'll give an update on how my game turns out!