1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Zen and painting lizards.

Discussion in 'Painting and Converting' started by Carnozen92, Jan 30, 2014.

1. Carnozen92
    Skink

Carnozen92 New Member

The purples were done using:
    Mordian blue base coat
    Naggaroth night base leaving deepest recesses untouched
    Liche purple highlight
    Warlock purple highlight
    Skull white highlight

These are all Citadel paints (some older than others) - wanting to switch to Vallejo paints for a better quality.

Most people say make the Ripper wings vibrant - I'm just really stuck for ideas! Let alone how to make them look good too

2. meraklis
    Skink

meraklis New Member

great painting!

looking forward to seeing more.

By the way which green did you use for your saurus? Is it catachan green mixed with camo green for highlights?

3. Kcibrihp-Esurc
    Razordon

Kcibrihp-Esurc Well-Known Member

Hey Zen you tabled me in the Comp so I've seen the painting first-hand, I'll tell you guys: It looks ten times better in person so he's really selling himself short, he won a clear nine votes on best painted

4. Carnozen92
    Skink

Carnozen92 New Member

It was Catachan Green mixed with rotting flesh - I find using fleshes mixed in for highlights brings a bit less of a cartoony look to models which is what I wanted

Yeah man that was a bad match up for you, double carno in the flank of your army let things just snowballs from there. Hope you enjoyed your first tournament, you did better than my first one for sure!! Hope to see you at some more man - get some monsters in your lists asap! ;)

5. Kcibrihp-Esurc
    Razordon

Yeah, Bloodroar is bad news for skinks,
    Just finished designing a 2500 point list with a Carno and two Slann
    did you know that with a 50x100 base you can put a Carno into a unit of temple guard?

Also I've got six jungle swarms for cover and cannon-fodder, not to mention poison Carno and temple guard, making the few sixes I DO get (You've seen my rolling) work for me! And unbreakable is going to meet terror with a little bit of sadistic-ness especially with dual Life and Light Slann! Also just to make peoples day worse I can quickly change the list into 2400, bringing more Chameleon Skinks than last time and the jungle swarms might have slightly better stats than people are used to preventing people from doing this :beaver: and even though they're toughness 2 cannons see no difference between Carnosaurs and Jungle Swarms also for the pesky Wood Elves who shot my Skink Skirmishers to death thy need to do 5 wounds to remove ONE base rather than half the unit :D

6. Caprasauridae
    Stegadon

Caprasauridae Well-Known Member

Love your style, good sir! The colours are so soothing and look very well thought out (I usually like to use more screaming colours in my army, so your models just feel that much more effective). Also great and clean brushmanship!

You can't put a Carnosaurus into a unit of TG, as Carno is a Monster and their rules forbid them to ever join any units.

7. Kcibrihp-Esurc
    Razordon

Yeah, just checked. Stupid arse rule...

8. Kcibrihp-Esurc
    Razordon

Zen I bet my Ripperdactyls are gonna be better than yours! (If the conversion works, it's rather simple so it should)
    I'm using some old Hourmagaunts from my sisters Tyranids and I'm gonna be putting Pterodactyl wings on them ($2 shop here I come to cut wings off of things)

Might not be better painted though...