1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blog Zirilan's return to the hobby.

Discussion in 'Personal Paint Logs' started by Zirilian of the Claw, Jan 17, 2017.

1. Zirilian of the Claw
    Saurus

Zirilian of the Claw Well-Known Member

Evening everyone! Getting back into the swing of assembly, painting, and playing. Spent the day assembling Drycha, a Doomseeker, and a Skink Priest. Even managed to get Drycha and the Doomseeker primed. Below is a "test" space marine. I have two from years ago that serve as my trying new things/what can I still do.

Sgt. Rainbow Sprinkles here letting me see how my metallic coloring is. The shoulder pad was a base coat of gold (Retributor Armour) then followed by about four or five coats of Carroburg Crimson with two final coats of Red Ink.

It was a technique that served me really well painting Skorne. I actually think I'm a little better after all this time, if only because I learned the value of patience. Don't mind the dark blotches, I did a piss poor job filing and cutting him back then.

Attached Files:

2. Zheddikus
    Chameleon Skink

Zheddikus Well-Known Member

Welcome back to the hobby! Can't wait to see your future projects! Your marine is very shiny!

Zirilian of the Claw likes this.
  3. Zirilian of the Claw
    Saurus

Thank you, I'm probably going to finish him out as a Blood Angel along with trying some freehand symbol work.

4. Lord-Marcus
    Slann

Lord-Marcus Sixth Spawning

Welcome back!

You could also try the gem technical paints. 1-2 coats gets a close effect to what you did with the shoulder pads.

5. Zirilian of the Claw
    Saurus

I haven't tried those yet. Are they good?

Lord-Marcus likes this.
  6. Lord-Marcus
    Slann

Lord-Marcus Sixth Spawning

I only have the red one, but it works a treat.