1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

8th Ed. 2400 point Cheesy III

Discussion in 'Lizardmen & Saurian Ancients Army Lists' started by kroxigor01, Nov 13, 2010.

1. kroxigor01
    Ripperdactil

kroxigor01 Member

Only joking, this list probably isn't that effective. Funny though.

Slann – Focus of Mystery (Beasts), Focused Ruminations, Becalming Cogitation, Unfathomable presence, Cupped Hands, BSB, Sun Standard of Chotec

Scar Veteran – great weapon, light armour
    Scar Veteran – great weapon, cold one, Ironcurse Icon

Saurus – 20, champion
    Saurus – 20, champion
    Skink Skirmishers - 11
    Skink Skirmishers - 11

Temple Guard – 20
    Chameleon Skinks - 5
    Chameleon Skinks - 5
    Terradons – 4
    Terradons – 3
    Terradons – 3

The entire front row of the Temple Guard is Scar Veterans. First buff with Pann's Impenetrable Pelt. The Scar vets are now T8 (get Wyssan's Wildform as well and its T9). Its safe to rid most of the battle just with that and let the units 24 S7 (S8 with Wildform) attacks do the talking, but if you really want to rub it in you could go for a big Savage Beast of Horros and dish out 42 S10 attacks...

The Terradons and Chameleons have to get to work early to silence any artillery cause the temple guard are only T4 with no regen without life magic, but then again if 19 of them die the unit still has the same combat effectiveness.

2. Mutten90
    Skink

Mutten90 New Member

Hahah yes I love it, let us know if you actually try it out. Don't know how effective it would be, but it sounds really fun, have the terradons and chamo's taking out any Warmachines, and then just send the Scar-Vet Temple Guard hammer/anvil killing all in its path.

3. ancient stegadon
    Cold One

ancient stegadon New Member

not if the temple gaurds get outflankt and just 1 scar vet will be able to help ;P

ohhh nevermind if you are smart you may let them make way in the new rule book!, so it owns!

4. rammramm
    Chameleon Skink

rammramm New Member

Just want to point out that the only way this would be possible is by dropping the FC on the Temple Guard since the command group must allways be in the front row.

Other than that I would love to hear from someone who have acually pulled this straegy of.

5. kroxigor01
    Ripperdactil

kroxigor01 Member

Hmm after reading the rules more closely I see you are right. I thought the characters would have preference.

I'll edit the origional list.

Oh for those that didn't pick up on it the Scar Vet on Cold One makes all the Lore of Beast buffs -1 to casting value :D