1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

8th Ed. Storm of Magic

Discussion in 'Lizardmen & Saurian Ancients Discussion' started by pgarfunkle, Apr 11, 2011.

1. pgarfunkle
    Saurus

pgarfunkle Member

So GW have just announced the storm of magic later this summer.

Hopefully with the additions of new monsters and wizards we'll see some nice big beasties, such as the Thunder Lizard people have been hoping for.

If not the Thunder Lizard perhaps something new? Maybe a plastic slann?

What does everybody think?

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/content/article.jsp?aId=16200020a

2. Skink Brave Itxy
    Saurus

Skink Brave Itxy New Member

Still don't see us getting a plastic Slann. It's just not going to sell well enough for them to justify making it.

Anyway, looks like Storm of Magic is going to be kinda like Apocalypse for Fantasy. Though with the focus on big magic and monsters, it sounds like we'll benefit.

Especially when it comes to Magic, I can see us getting some really juicy stuff out of this.

3. Arli
    Skink Priest

Arli Moderator Staff Member

The teaser pictures on the site are interesting. The right one could be a chimera. The left one could be a thunderlizard (tusks?) or some type of dragon.

4. Ithumaer
    Skink

Ithumaer New Member

Definitely looking forward to this! I'm betting for sure we'll get a Thunder Lizard. Bet you we'll finally see monsters like Leviathins and Krakens so that Sea Monster rule in the BRB will finally come into play. As for wizard, maybe we'll get a Skink High Priest, or perhaps a Coutl? Some interesting possibilities!

5. theodmino
    Saurus

theodmino New Member

That blue thing, nomather what it is, looks like a lizardmen thing in my opinion. In the worst case senario it could be handed to the darkelves just becuse it looks really dark and mean. Lets just hope thats not a fact.

Anyways, whoever it goes to i'm just super exited to see what this will bring for all the different races! All new releses in the"big f*cking moster" catagory has always been a great treat.

6. Arli
    Skink Priest

Arli Moderator Staff Member

On another site, someone noticed that the url for the left picture had 'dragon' in the name and the url for the right picture was 'chimera.' I do not know how good that information is though.

7. Walgis
    Ripperdactil

Walgis New Member

oh please please please give us some viable monster!!!!! please please please!!!
    imo salamandra is the inly viable monster in lizardmen, steg overcosteg hugely as far as i see them and my games show that. carno well its a free dead expensive lord for shootind armys a lot of the time, razordons? oh comeon...

I would be pleased if they just rewamped our monster costs and reruled razordons that would be great imo :) ofcourse a huge monster is mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

8. SanDiegoSurrealist
    Ripperdactil

SanDiegoSurrealist New Member

It would be my guess that we, as well as everyone else, will be getting one big smething, be a Thunder Lizard or what not. Like the TK Sphinx, something that can potentially crush units.

As long as the pipe dream is flowing how about a Skink Witch Doctor who can use differnt lore or the option of a Hero Level Slann (All Slann are not born lvl4 right?)

9. asrodrig
    Carnasaur

asrodrig New Member

Some more pictures if anyone's interested:

Take note of the little guy in the bottom left hand corner of the first two shots. Does it look like it could be a Lizardmen-type model to anyone else?

10. SeBM
    Terradon

SeBM New Member

Wow that dragon's post looks really nice!!! I'll have to buy it just to put it in my HE collection :D.

On big monsters, it seems like it's the trend. Every army seems to be getting one and while Stegadons are very cool and all, I can see us getting something bigger and steggies (maybe) getting some kind of point drop.

11. Skink Brave Itxy
    Saurus

What I'm really interested in are these cataclysmic spells. Because you know the Slann will be digusting at them.

Gentlement, prepare to be feared once more!

12. Gator
    Saurus

Gator Member

Does anyone actually know what exactly this thing actually is. I'm thinking it's something like the magic set from 5th edition, but I'm not entirely sure. Was there rumors about this, cuz I heard nothing.

13. Skink Brave Itxy
    Saurus

It's the 'fantasy version' of 40K's Apocalypse.

Big monsters and big spells are the order of the day.

I think we can safely assume that the Slann will be very good at wielding these "Cataclysmic" Spells.