1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS 1K Skinks - New Player

Discussion in 'Seraphon Army Lists' started by Stugmeister, Aug 18, 2020.

1. Stugmeister
    Skink

Stugmeister New Member

Hi guys,

More and more Skinks have been arriving in the post over the past couple of weeks!

So I thought I'd chuck together a quick list. I'm a new player to AoS but have been playing 2nd ed 40K, Epic:Armageddon and Frostgrave of late.

After watching some of Caleb's videos on Youtube I've decided to go the Skink route. Using Fangs of Sotek.

Please let me know your thoughts.
    Screen Shot 2020-08-18 at 15.55.26.png

Tav likes this.
  2. Tav
    Kroxigor

Tav Well-Known Member

60 skinks? Those are rookie numbers, you’ve gotta pump those up. Nice starting 1000, starpriests are great, if you can get another 20 skinks and run those blocks both as 40s with a priest and starpriest then you will see fear in your enemies eyes. Have fun painting endless skinks

3. Stugmeister
    Skink

Stugmeister New Member

Well ya got me - I'm a rookie alright! :D

I've read the Bastilidon isn't too great. Other than more Skinks, what else could I use to replace it - Salamanders/Kroxigors?

4. Acehilator
    Ripperdactil

Acehilator Well-Known Member

More Terradons and the Terradon Chieftain.

ILKAIN likes this.
  5. ILKAIN
    Skink Chief

ILKAIN Well-Known Member

Sallies are still decent, despite the cost increase. While bastilodons are actually very good, they are better in coalesced, especially in a Thunder lizard where they can fire twice a turn and have two more wounds and take 1 less damage from multi damage attacks. You could drop the basti and get more terradons and make their weapons bolas. although to be blunt I would drop the second Star priest, the basti and add Kroak. however I do NOT 100% have the new points memorized yet and am not 100% sure that would be enough points to add him. and while im at work I cant research a lot of things due to web filters lol

Tav likes this.
  6. Tav
    Kroxigor

Tav Well-Known Member

The bastiladon is really good, but only really in the thunder lizard subfaction, so its use is limited in other armies.

You basically go for whichever extra unit you fancy, kroxigor, salamanders, terradons. Most things can be good.