1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

6th Ed. 2000 points to be used against Undead

Discussion in 'Lizardmen & Saurian Ancients Army Lists' started by Gary_M, Feb 4, 2020.

1. Gary_M
    Razordon

Gary_M Well-Known Member

I often play a chap at our club at 6th edition, and he often uses Undead.

Apart from one early victory, he's always had the beating of me and my cold bloods.

I feel a bit dirty, but have decided to try to tailor a list to meet him in the near future.

Lord:
    Old blood, Spawning of Tlazcotl (Immune to Psychology), Spawning of Itzl (access to cold one), cold one, light armour, shield, Aura of Quetzl, Blade of Realities.
    - Apart from being immune to psych, he has a 1+ A/S, and 4++ against strength 5+ attacks. Blade of realities means no ward saves allowed. Not sure if this is worth it, but he definitely needs a magic weapon as ethereal shenanigans are often seen!

Heroes:
    Scar Vet, same spawnings as above, cold one, light armour, shield, great weapon, Venom of firefly frog, Glyph Necklace.
    - So immune to psych too. Also has a 1+ A/S, plus a 5++. GW gives him effective Str 7, while the Venom makes the attacks both poisoned and magical.

Skink Priest, level 2, 2 dispel scrolls

Skink Priest, level 2, 2 dispel scrolls

Core
    3 x 10 skink skirmishers

Special
    2 x 6 Cold one cavalry, each with a champion.
    3 Terradons
    6 Chameleon Skinks (one being a stalker)

Rare
    2 x 3 salamanders.
    - These are a big points sink, and his priority target (he's said he always focuses on these from Turn 1. As I usually only run one unit, doubling up will hopefully give him kittens. I suspect my scrolls will be used up protecting these lovely little critters!
    - 2 units of 2 would also be a big threat and less points, meaning more elsewhere.

I'm hoping I can distract him with the skinks while bringing the sallies up to do what they do best.

Meanwhile the cold one cav, with Immune to Psych cowboys hopefully hit him hard.

My only disappointment is not having a unit of immune to psychology saurus warriors, but you can't have everything (and they would count as Specials, not Core as they would have a spawning).

Thoughts?