1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS 2000pnt

Discussion in 'Seraphon Army Lists' started by Drahazar, Apr 25, 2021.

1. Drahazar
    Jungle Swarm

Drahazar New Member

The army is in the PDF.

Attached Files:

2. Nart
    Carnasaur

Nart Well-Known Member

I don't know which units do you actually have, but, first of all, in Koatl's Claw you have to take eviscerating blade as a first artefact. And I think, it is even better than blade of realities.

If you have an oldblood on carnosaur, I'd take one in addition to scarvet, instead of double scarvet, since his spear is a bit better in prolonged fights and command ability might be helpful.

Since you won't be able to cast hand of glory from both priests each turn, I suggest giving one of them celestial harmony or tide of serpents instead. Especially Celestial Harmony, since it helps to conserve CPs, which are vital in Koatl's claw.

Why do you bring saurus as 2x 20? Especially with spears, they are better as single block and are cheaper.

I'd also drop purple sun and malevolent maelstrom. You won't have problems with hordes thanks to kroak and maelstrom just don't do anything useful. Even bonus CP will be more benifical to you, IMO. And if you take oldblood instead of scar-veteran, you will be just fine on points.

3. Drahazar
    Jungle Swarm

Drahazar New Member

Yeah I think I mis clicked it was supposed to be eviscerating blade. I did double harmony incase one skink got killed to have redundancy. I did two 20 blocks so that way each could move independently to lock down units so my knights could get the charge first sense they are slower than other cav. each 20 man block with have a knight unit to support it with a flank charge. I could remove those endless I suppose if they are not really needed.

Nart likes this.
  4. Nart
    Carnasaur

Nart Well-Known Member

Good point, but I find having multiple bonuses in early game more useful. Unless you are playing against heavy shooting/magic army, you won't have problems in keeping priests alive. And if you are facing a heavy shooting army... well, you won't likely keep any.

Honestly, I don't get your plan. If you are playing offensively, saurus are slower than knights and are most likely getting into combat later. If you are using saurus as screens and knights as a counter charge, maybe, yes. Still, warriors are better with clubs and really want to be in battalion for maximum damage.

You see, 2x20 saurus blocks, unlike single 40-model block, 1) cost more; 2) require multiple buffers; 3) have only suffer 6 casualties each to lose +1 attack bonus, while 40 saurus block will lose 26 models before losing bonus.

I think, single block of 40 saurus with spears is a very good anvil, while your knights can work as a strong hammer. It is not FB, so flank charges won't give you anything game-wise. When I play knights, I simply charge them forward, and it worked pretty good so far. If you are concerned about speed, find a place for starseer, who gives 3d6 charge to single unit, or take knights as 10-5-5 and take firelance battalion for +3 charge bonus. Knights can be very fast.

Geminids are very good, but I don't find much value in other endless spells for your list. Balewind is always nice for Kroak though.

Drahazar likes this.
  5. Drahazar
    Jungle Swarm

Drahazar New Member

What could I add with the removal of those two endless spells.

With the larger 32mm base's I went with spears to try and get the most in combat. And yeah I was going to use the SArus to screen or hold the enemy unit in place and then counter charge with the knights. I know there is no flank benefit now but I beleive some of the rumours were about them possibly adding flank and rear charges to the game.

I suppose I could put them in a 40man unit but I wanted to have more units to move around for objectives and more flexibility. But from I am understanding you think going sword and board would be better?

Nart likes this.
  6. Nart
    Carnasaur

Nart Well-Known Member

Bonus command point never hurts in koatl's claw - it tied on command abilities heavily. Triumphs are also helpful. Koatl's claw can benifit from cogs to +2 to move and charge can help to get in combat, but make sure your opponent won't benifit from it. I'd find a place for starseer, but I am not sure you can squeez him even if you combine saurus and drop both spells.

It is very easy to put 32mm bases to the honeycomb formation, so you can strike from the two raws. You won't have problems reaching enemy at all. Spears only better in 30+ units, where you will start losing attacks without 2" range.

I can guarantee that there won't be rear/flanks in AoS - they are simply impossible with round bases. Let's wait for Old World for this kind of stuff.

You still can grab multiple objectives with single unit. Also you don't lose control over objectives when you leave them in most battleplans. Don't worry about it too much.

In my opinion, this is how Coalesced have to play. They don't have flexibility of Starborne with teleports and summoning, but they punch hard, and you have to capitalize on them. Of course, 40 saurus block is not easy to remove, but we are not fyreslayers - we cannot hold position for the whole game. I always tend to be aggressive when I play KC, but have to chose engagements carefully. You don't want to charge chaff screens with all your Knights.