1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blog 40K Army’s!!

Discussion in 'Personal Paint Logs' started by Egres, Mar 2, 2022.

1. Warden
    Slann

Warden Tenth Spawning

Oh by theme I meant how good the army looks in a buzz-lightyear inspired color scheme. White armor looks great with the green/purple spot colors, really like how they look in a massed-formation!

The phobos guys look excellent too of course :D

2. Egres
    Razordon

Egres Well-Known Member

oh yes indeed it’s surprising how descent it looks!!!

i try to not over do the purple and green, I find some just over do it but a little here and there goes a long way!!!

thank you for the nice comments!!!

Warden, Bowser and Imrahil like this.
  3. Egres
    Razordon

Egres Well-Known Member

Here a little update guys sorry it’s been a while lol

A little twist on the colour scheme!!!!

WIP
    27BD7810-44D0-48F9-9F11-392CF7742998.jpeg

and full army ish

27BD7810-44D0-48F9-9F11-392CF7742998.jpeg 6E48727D-8208-43B0-913C-A43053ED121E.jpeg

And my Phobos gang!!

D140A1D1-A922-43AF-AB0D-CA7120BAB140.jpeg

Ive come to the realization that I’ve build a mix army that don’t really work together lol 1000 Phobos and nearly 2000 of randomness!!

i wish I would of realize sooner and just stick to the Phobos theme, wouldn’t of been strong but at least they would of been failing in style

anyways I’ll probably be adding to the Phobos list like some invictor but I can use my redemptor as proxies for now been the same size and all!! I’ve already got this guy AC7AF6F9-0840-4F82-937A-54E1B1185122.jpeg
    To help in close combat!!!

Ill keep adding pics as I progresses in this 40K

cheers!!

On to the next project

Horus Heresy…..

mots going to be a hot one…..

4. Lord-Marcus
    Slann

Lord-Marcus Sixth Spawning

I like the orange!

5. Egres
    Razordon

Egres Well-Known Member

Thx I like it too, not too sure about the grey it’s not dark enough I may have to get « the fang » for it or something like that!!

6. Egres
    Razordon

Egres Well-Known Member

More additions !!! I’ll slowly build toward a vanguard list figured I should start with one of these bad boys!!! Plus new paint to change the crest colour on the reivers it’s not the right colour !! The gang should do it !! 7C30B367-B544-47ED-8457-37B8B1443D9B.jpeg

7. Lord-Marcus
    Slann

on topic:

Cool! I look forward to seeing it painted.

off topic:

I never understood open-canopied variant anything in 40k. or going helmetless.

this is a universe where a Aeon's old sentient metallic construct send a concentrated gauss beam into center mass at a tables length away. A universe where, on a whim, your space ship could end up possesed by demons that, in all likeliehood, have small hooked appendages ready to go into eye sockets.

why would you never add ablative armor plate and optics, if they are an option?

Warden, Lizards of Renown and Imrahil like this.
  8. Lizards of Renown
    Slann

Lizards of Renown Herald of Creation

+1000

It literally makes ZERO sense fluff-wise.

The ONLY time I've read something that makes any kind of sense is a story featuring a Space Wolf who takes off their helmet to use their sense of smell to track something.

Otherwise, you go helmetless and an Imperial Guardsman takes a shot at you WITH AN AUTOGUN. Hits you in the face. You're dead. Really?

Also any large vehicles without a protective canopy. I can understand bikes/jetbikes. But landspeeders? Really?

Warden and Lord-Marcus like this.
  9. Lord-Marcus
    Slann

Well, I have my doubts a single las bolt could pop a marines head. Thier skeletons are reinforced after all. But it damn sure would sear through an eyeball if that guardsman was on target.

Warden and Lizards of Renown like this.
  10. Warden
    Slann

Warden Tenth Spawning

I agree it does make no sense fluff wise.

Painting wise it helps differentiate sergeants and/or members of the squad. It has been helpful for my deathwatch to really show the difference between different space marine chapters, and is great practice in painting skin tones.

...but on vehicles it makes even less sense! I don't want to go into combat in a cardboard box, much less one with a straight open front with all the armor only covering the machine parts!

11. Egres
    Razordon

Egres Well-Known Member

Agreed I would loved to have a shield in from of me….. that been said other dreadnought aren’t they basically almost dead peeps aka missing limbs etc….. this one is a actual space marine running the thing in he’s armour, I’m guessing this way it’s easier to control and saver in the sense that if someone throw a grenade in there it will most like just fall out?!? But with more cover it may just stay in there and explode idk speculating here…. Easier to get in and out when in a rush aka about to explode?!

Warden and Lizards of Renown like this.
  12. Lizards of Renown
    Slann

Lizards of Renown Herald of Creation

You could just have a hatch that closes and then you have cameras, etc. Having it open is just asking for trouble.

I'd want to make sure it was a THICK hatch so a tyranid warrior could just run up and stab me.

13. Egres
    Razordon

Egres Well-Known Member

it would be sick if it were more like the Avatar movie robot suit with a glass canopy make it bullet proof or something, help the poor guy trying to run the thing lol

Lizards of Renown likes this.
  14. Egres
    Razordon

Egres Well-Known Member

Little WIP / size comparison!!

Im happy there about the same size really similar base mechanically!!

D1219D37-5291-424E-9080-6E2E020456E5.jpeg

15. Warden
    Slann

Warden Tenth Spawning

They look great to me!

16. Egres
    Razordon

Egres Well-Known Member

So after almost a year since I last touch my space rangers!!! Our local group did a bingo event playing 500 points list 2vs2 what fun we had!!

Mai I had to paint up my invictor and play a Phobos list!!!

IMG_7967.jpeg

Somehow I manage to take 0 pictures of the event!!!
    But manage to find this one of my invictor and librarian working hand in hands!!!
    IMG_8002.jpeg

17. Egres
    Razordon

Egres Well-Known Member

So I guess I’ll keep going with this post about all my 40K stuff!!!

Another addition to the Phobos family!!
    He’s all ready to kill some more tyrannids!! And I’ll have lot to supply him!!

IMG_8056.jpeg

After purchasing a leviathan box I traded most of the space marine half for tyranids!!!! And then purchased another half so I’ll have 3 tyranids half that should get me started pretty good it will give me plenty of options and extra model for the paint scheme and to play with the space dust collection of “the shifters”!!!

IMG_8036.jpeg

18. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl Eleventh Spawning

I'm looking forward to seeing your burgeoning Tyranid swarm! Which Hive Fleet are you going to paint them up as?

19. JTSleep
    Stegadon

JTSleep Well-Known Member

Friend of mine is also starting like this, so it should be about right, but he is also always doing overkills like that. :) Keep us posted, I'd like to see your paintscheme as proud owner of tyranid half myself. :D

20. Egres
    Razordon

Egres Well-Known Member

A space dust shifter colour for carapace and then mostly pink for the flesh !!!