1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

7th Ed. [2250] lizardmen

Discussion in 'Lizardmen & Saurian Ancients Army Lists' started by Arklite, Mar 22, 2008.

1. Arklite
    Skink

Arklite New Member

2250 lizardmen

4th gen slann
    Divine plaque of protection
    Plaque of tepok
    BSB
    455 points

Skink preist
    Lvl 2
    Diadem of power
    135 points

Skink preist
    Lvl1
    2X dispel scrolls
    125 points

Scar veteran
    Great weapon
    Light armour
    Shield
    Charm of the jaguar warrior
    Blessed spawning of sotek
    133 points

Core

Saurus warriors [18]
    Full command
    246 points

Saurus warriors [18]
    Full command
    246 points

Temple guard [14]
    Full command
    287 points

Skinks [11]
    Javelins and shields

Skinks [11]
    Javelins and shields

skinks [10]
    Blowpipes
    scouts

Special

Saurus cavalry [6]
    210 points

Saurus cavalry [6]

powerdice: 9 (11 with diadem)
    dispel dice: 6 (8 with diadem) and 2 scrolls

this army isn't so much based around what i think is very good, but what i like and what i can afford. as such you can see no kroxigors in the list (boo!) but for £10 each i really can't justify the expense. on the otherhand saurus cav are cheap as chips, i got a unit of 8 second hand and i'm buying the battalion box this week. the general idea of this list is having the solid saurus/temple guard force holding the centre of my line with the saurus cav and skinks up the flanks providing support. should i need to i can shift my flanks around depending on opponent :D

i wanted to avoid the 2nd gen slan for a few reasons but i like the force i get by skipping out on one. 9-11 powerdice is hardly shabby after all and i have a powerful combat character in the form of the jaguar saurus :D

the scouting skinks will be handy for march blocking and general harrasment, lord knows they are fast enough for it ;)

2. Sammy the Squib
    Salamander

Sammy the Squib Member

This list looks solid. Quite a potent magic offence and a good defence as well.

I really like the 3 blocks of saurus, should do well. The BSB and Slann ld will anchor the line nicely.

CoR are great and 6 of them sure do make a mess of anything they care to run into.

I don't have much experience with a 4th Gen Slann. I look forward to hearing how you do with him mate :)