1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

8th Ed. 2400 point turnement, want some feedback :)

Discussion in 'Lizardmen & Saurian Ancients Army Lists' started by Meller, Nov 21, 2012.

1. Irish_Lizard
    Saurus

Irish_Lizard Member

Ah my bad I thought I mentioned it. There are 2 builds that dont overlap(so you can run both in one game)
    First is LA,Charmed shield, Dawnstone and either Sword of might or Burning Blade of chotec on a cold one. It come to about 160 points with a 1+ rerollable, a 2+ versus the first cannon hit(put him in a unit) and s6 or addtional -2 to armour and flaming.
    Second option is GW,LA,Dragonhelm,Venom of the firefly frog and Amulet of Itzl on a cold one and is 166 points with a 1+ save, 2+ ward versus fire and the first wound suffered after armor(aka cannon to the face), S7 and poisoned magical attacks.
    There is the option of a third with armour of destiny and a GW on cold one but he has no magical attacks and only a 4++ against a cannon.

All the builds will grind out mournfang as the scarvets cause 2 wounds a turn each after saves in exchange for about .5 of a wound against the non rerollable save vet(who should be going for flaming units) and less against the others.

2. Ferocious
    Temple Guard

Ferocious New Member

good call irish =)

3. smf33124
    Skink

smf33124 New Member

I'm fairly new at this game, so I experiment A LOT!!! But, this is my build yet to try.

scar vet85 venom of the firefly frog10, piranha blade35 LtArm5 Coldone20-155

My goal was to have him go in a unit of either saurus block or even a Calvary block and go against demi-gryphs from empire. Once again I am fairly new at strategy and such. One time, I rode an Old Blood with the blade of realities on a cold one unit of 9 and HPA was his target. Unfortunately, HPA passed all 4 hits I managed to hit HPA on. Stayed in there a second round and whiffed all attacks towards the big bastard. Then he destroyed me.

My 2400 all-comers list goes like this

LORDS=400

Slann275, Higher State Focus of Runimation50 cupped hands45, divine plaque of protection30=400

---------------------
    HEROES=394

Chief55 Shield2 LtArm2 Terradon30 Staff of the lost sun35=124

lv1 Priest, dispell scroll, cloak of feathers115

scar vet85 voff10, p.blade35 LtArm5 Coldone20-155
    ----------794-------------
    RARE=150

2 Sally

--------944-----------------
    SPECIAL

4 terradons 120
    6 COC fc260

---------1324--------------------
    CORE

30 skink FC w 3 krox 337
    4 skink skirm 280
    39 SW FC 459

4. Rhodium
    Kroxigor

Rhodium New Member

Hey

The venom of the firefly frog and the piranha blade don't work together,

VoTFF says " mundane weapons....." a piranha blade is a magical weapon not a mundane weapon therefore if you took VotFF and piranha blade , then the VotFF would have no effect, you have to use the piranha blade according to the BRB rule "I'll use this one" so it would be a waste of points buying the VotFf

5. smf33124
    Skink

smf33124 New Member

Thanks. That clears it up before I play it and then get told it wont work... I am fairly new in the world of gaming besides video games. I'm playing a 4000 battle here in the next day or two vs Skaven. Any advice?

6. ADustyMan
    Saurus

ADustyMan New Member

If you're outnumbered by slaves, don't panic. They're slaves.

Uhm, if you do the jacked up version of Flesh to stone, and they ring the bell, they can kill the unit

7. Meller
    Skink

Meller Member

Okay i have work out a new list :p i know you say the scar on cold one should go with a unit, but you also say it can take units by himself, so ill try rund him like solo, on that way i also may get the first canonshot away from the stegadons, and with a 2+ save with no modifies for the first shot, i think he will make it :p second round, well i hope my chameleons can finish them before that :p else i just charge in with the cold one :p
    What do you think? :) (im not going to drop lore of life, i realy like the buffy things :p)

Lord 590
    1 Slann Life
    Focus mystery
    BSB

1 Slann light
    The becalming comination
    Plague of tepok

Hero 359
    1 Sking priest
    Dispel scroll

1 Saurus scar veteran
    light armor
    shield
    Great Weapon
    Dragonhelm

1 Saurus scar veteran
    Cold one
    LA
    Burning blade of chotec
    Dawnstone
    Charmes shield

Core 709
    20 Sauruser
    FC

30 skinks
    3 Kroxigor
    Musiker og Standart

12 skinks

10 skink skirmisher

Special 590
    5 Chameleons

5 Chameleons

1 stegadon

1 stegadon

8. Meller
    Skink

Meller Member

is it legal to build the scar veteran like this:

Saurus scar veteran
    Cold one
    LA
    Halberd
    Burning blade of chotec
    Dawnstone
    Charmes shield

i see builds like this just without the halberd, why don´t people take that? or additional handweapon? :S

9. sorrowquin
    Cold One

sorrowquin New Member

It's not illegal but its no use at all...

A character with a magic weapon always uses the magic weapon due to the "I use this" rule. So the halberd would just be a waste of points.
    Also you can only combine additional handweapons with normal handweapons, not magical ones.

10. Meller
    Skink

Meller Member

Okay, im going to play the turnement tomorrow, and i think i have finish my list now :)

Lord 590
    1 Slann
    Focus mystery
    general

1 Slann
    The becalming comination
    Plague of tepok
    BSB

Hero 291
    1 Saurus scar veteran
    light armor
    Great Weapon
    Dragonhelm
    Dispel scroll

1 Saurus scar veteran
    Cold one
    LA
    Burning blade of chotec
    Dawnstone
    Charmes shield

Core 779
    20 Sauruser
    FC

30 skinks
    3 Kroxigor
    Musiker og Standart

12 skinks

10 skink skirmisher

10 skink skirmisher

Special 590
    5 Chameleons

5 Chameleons

1 stegadon

1 stegadon

Rare 150
    2 salamander

11. Ferocious
    Temple Guard

Ferocious New Member

scar veteran cant take dispel scroll, caus it is an arcane item and he aint a wizard

12. Meller
    Skink

Meller Member

shit... ehm well... what about this, the scar veteran have got a shield instead of GW, and change with the slann his dispell for be bsb. Will that be ok? :)

Lord 590
    1 Slann
    Focus mystery
    general

1 Slann
    The becalming comination
    Plague of tepok
    Dispel scroll

Hero 291
    1 Saurus scar veteran
    light armor
    Shield
    Dragonhelm
    BSB

1 Saurus scar veteran
    Cold one
    LA
    Burning blade of chotec
    Dawnstone
    Charmes shield

Core 779
    20 Sauruser
    FC

30 skinks
    3 Kroxigor
    Musiker og Standart

12 skinks

10 skink skirmisher

10 skink skirmisher

Special 590
    5 Chameleons

5 Chameleons

1 stegadon

1 stegadon

Rare 150
    2 salamander

13. skillfull_dan
    Chameleon Skink

skillfull_dan New Member

A scar vet can either be the bsb OR have magic items, they cannot have both.

Rest looks pretty good, I might try to beef up your saurus a bit, but unless you want to sacrifice a stegadon I dont see that happening.

14. Meller
    Skink

Meller Member

I play the turnement today:

First game i face Empire... 2 canons and a steam tank... well i think the stegadon who suvivad for longest time made it to turn 2 or 3, the other got blown away first turn... my skroxigors lost a cobat and coulden roll 6 on a re-roll, and got overrunned... his steamtank and took out some skirmishers and chameleons... my scar vet on cold one really did a great job, but not enougth.. well i lost 0-20....

Second turn was against my friend, and his skaven. my one stegadon and my scar vet charge his horde of munks, the stegadon should never had enter that battle, but my scar vet stod there the rest of the game and took 2 characters. chamo and skink skirmisher did a grat job, shotting down weaponteams, and just took alot from his unit and doomwheel. not much to say, i did a really god fight and won 18-2

third game was agains orcs and goblins. well he start shooting at my stegadons and took one, and damage some of my units. I took 2 mangler squigs and just got closer to him, he did a castle down the corner... I totaly close down all his magic, i think he got one magic cast the hole game. i got behind him, shot down some chariots, wolf riders and so on, but his damage from a horde of trolls did so much damage on my skroxigors and saurus that it end up with i losse 9-11. but a realy interesting game :)

Note to next turnement, stegadons did really good for me, just keep sure no one use canons :p And my skroxigors did pretty bad... well my saurus didn´t do good either, go all skirmish? :p