1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS 2K List with LK

Discussion in 'Seraphon Army Lists' started by Sean Rinder, Sep 26, 2017.

1. Sean Rinder
    Jungle Swarm

Sean Rinder New Member

Leaders
    Lord Kroak (450) - General
    Kuatl-Wuatl, the Watcher (140)
    Saurus Eternity Warden - Artefact : Incandescent Rectrices
    Korgis the Crushing-Star (120)
    Saurus Sunblood
    Quezt'lan (80)
    Skink Starpriest
    Tec'lan (200)
    Skink Starseer
    "Celestial Will" (220)
    Engine of the Gods

Units
    Tohlek's Shield (300)
    15 x Saurus Guard
    Tohlek's Spear (300)
    15 x Saurus Guard
    Quezt'lan's Skirmishers (180)
    30 x Skinks -Meteoric Javelins & Star Bucklers
    Reinforcement Points (0) Total: 1990 /2000 Allies: 0 / 400 Leaders: 6/6 Battlelines: 3 (3+) Behemoths: 1/4 Artillery: 0/4

My thoughts on this list is to use the E-Warden's aura to beef up attacks with the Saurus Guard while in turn adding +1 to their saves. Hope to cast Mystic Shield on one of them giving them a 2+ save that ignores Rend of -1. The 12 Bravery shouldn't be so bad either. Kroak and the EotG will hang behind them giving spell and shooting support. The Skinks will be off doing skink things such as Space'N'Timing around the board to take objectives.

Thoughts?

2. Seraphage
    Stegadon

Seraphage Well-Known Member

I see no real reason to not go for a Eternal Starhost since you have invested 90% of its qualifications ! 30man skinks lose their bonus instantly, take them out and go for an eternal ! * break the 2x15 into 5, 10, 15 Saurus Guards to have the 3/3 battleline requirement !*

shole likes this.
  3. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning Staff Member

I agree. Eternal Starhost is awesome. If it was a 40 Skinks group it might be an option but 30 are meh. I'd rather go for the bataillon because it means four drops less and an additional artefact on top of the two great bataillon bonuses.

4. shole
    Skink

shole Member

I used the eternal starhost many times with a 10 guard and two units of 5. they are a killing machine. with a unit of 15?? with the bonuses and a priest to provide save rerolls they rock!! If u face mortal wounds though, cry before the fight and keep calm. Lost my main unit of 15 in my opponents first hero phase. Cruel!! But they can be really strong if buffed enough.
    And the additional artifact is really very usefull. A coronal shield at the warden and he can stay there enough to make your guards complete!

Seraphage and Aginor like this.
  5. Aginor
    Slann

Yeah with Coronal Shield and Starlight on them they are almost invincible if you manage to keep mortal wounds off them.

6. Drofnum
    Cold One

Drofnum Well-Known Member

4 global unbinds with Kroak can help a lot here against some armies(Tzeentch).

7. Aginor
    Slann

Definitely!
    Kroak has a good chance of shutting down magic all by himself. Very good against Tzeentch.

8. Seraphage
    Stegadon

Seraphage Well-Known Member

The artifact that gives them the biggest dice twice makes this pretty hard though ! :p

Paul Beenis likes this.