1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

8th Ed. 2k lizzies vs WoC

Discussion in 'Battle Reports' started by Morglum, Aug 15, 2020.

1. Morglum
    Chameleon Skink

Morglum Well-Known Member

So here is my battlereport of lizardmen vs Warriors of Chaos

First things first, if you want to know my armylist please follow the next link:

https://www.lustria-online.com/threads/2k-lizzies-vs-woc.25099/

Now for my enemy he had deployed the following army:

Chaos daemon, lvl 4, lore of death
    A lvl 2, lore of shadows
    BSB on a daemon steed

2 units of chaos warrios, one unit has halberds, other one just hand weapon, shield

2 hell cannons

1 unit of warhounds

Picture of the deployment:

[​IMG]

The saurus warriors on the right were a decoy hopefully for his hell cannons, my middle were my die hards (including my oldblood + skink shaman in the center block and my BSB joining the cold ones).

I had chosen lore of beasts for my shaman and had the signature spell + the one that gives a friendly char +3str and +3attacks. Those were the spells i needed to buff my units.

The saurus warriors on the left had a scar veteran in them and could hopefully hold the left flank.

Turn one:

Enemy may begin... What a turn... No seriously what a turn. He tried to get off some magic, but was mostly to far away to target something and one spell he got off, i used my dispell scroll. Now for the shooting phase. He targeted both his hell cannons on my unit with my oldblood and priest. First hell cannon missfired, rolling a 3... Every wizard withing 24inch most take a leadership test or suffer a miscast. Both his wizards didn't fail but his hell cannon was also removed from the game. I was already so happy with this that i couldn't wish for what would happen next. Second hell cannon... Missfired as well :O... Every unit within 3d6 suffers a d6str5 hit... Only his hell cannon suffered some wounds but the crew died. Failed his leadership test and had to roll on the monster reaction table. His hell cannon became frenzy.

My first turn didn't really involve alot, just some movement foward and ow yea my razordons (sallies in the picture) tried to get some shots off on his daemon prince, making him take one wound. Ow yea in the magic phase i was able to give my cold ones +1str and +1t till my next magic phase.

Picture, as you can see, one hell cannon gone :D

[​IMG]

Turn 2:

He charged his daemon prince into my oldblood unit and his chaos warrios + his BSB in the middle charged my cold ones. The hell cannon came dangerously close almost also making the charge in my cold ones flank. But came short a few inches (pweh). His magic forced my cold ones to have their ws reduced by 2 :(. He of course had to challenge with his DP and my oldblood gladly accepted it, after all 7A, +2armor save and +4ward save are good enough i thought. His bsb challenged my bsb in the cold ones unit.

His hounds reformed and ran back around the scenery, so my path was open to charge his other chaos warriors unit.

He managed to score one wound on my old blood and i gave nothing in return. Yet he lost combat but his DP is unbreakable so meh :p

Both our BSB inflicted one wound on eachother. But my cold one riders didn't really mind their low WS and had alot of sixes on their attack, so i managed to win combat and not suffer a single casuality on my cold ones riders huzzaaah!

[​IMG]

I tried to charge his warriors on the left, but failed. My razordons charged into the combat with my riders but couldn't really attack because of his BSB being in a challenge. But i still got the flank +1 and a +1 charge to my combat resolution, so that is why i did that. My other block of saurus warrios moved around the mountain, looking to charge the hell cannon the next turn. My magic once again gave my cold ones +1str and +1t. My cold ones again did an amazing job although they still had their WS reduces by 2. In the challenge no wounds were caused, my scar veteran had the magic paired weapons so he had WS 8. He once again lost combat and his BSB ran, i could go after him with my razordons and they managed to kill him :D

His DP was stuck in combat with my saurus warriors, doing a bit of damage but i was still steadfast so nothing wrong there.

Turn 3:

His hell cannon had to charge into the flank of my cold ones and his Chaos warriors on the left charged my other block of saurus warriors with my scar veteran in them. He made an attempt to cast a spell that would make me take I tests on my saurus block coming from behind to his hell cannon. I let it go and some warriors were lost but they didn't fail their panic test.

Now this turn he did manage to get some wounds on my cold one riders, but once again my cold ones + their riders managed to do alot of damage and i won combat by 1. But he stood his ground. The chaos warriors on the left didn't really stand a change against a block of 24 saurus warriors with a scar veteran in them, and slowly picked off some warriors. His hounds got shot by my razordons making a stand&shoot reaction*.

Now my warriors that were coming around the mountain, charged his hell cannon in the rear and by this point he gave up. Both his units of warrios had maybe 4 men left and his hell cannon had only 2 wounds left. His DP still was stuck in combat with my main block of saurus warrios.

After that combat, he only would have been left with his DP.

[​IMG]

*can razordons do a stand and shoot reaction when the enemy is coming from behind?

So that wraps it up for my battlereport, this is the first time i write such a thing, so i hope you enjoy it and it's not all a blur and hopefully reads easy :) You can be sure there will be more battle reports :)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 16, 2020
    Warden and Killer Angel like this.
  2. Morglum
    Chameleon Skink

Morglum Well-Known Member

Ow yea ps, in the second round of the challenge with my oldblood and his DP he killed him and recieved a roll on the table of the gods and got +1ws

Warden likes this.
  3. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

The Old Ones were clearly with you on this one.
    I felt almost sorry for the WoC player in his first turn, but then i remembered that WoC is easily amongst the strongest army in 8th, so it should be easy for him to have the upper hand in a different match.

Morglum, Warden and Lizards of Renown like this.
  4. Lizards of Renown
    Slann

Lizards of Renown Herald of Creation

NEVER feel sorry for a WoC player. They are easily the most OP army in the game. It was actually nice to hear about the Hellcannons eating themselves. Sometimes justice is done in the world. :D

Warden and Killer Angel like this.