1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS 2K versus DoT loaded with allot of pinks

Discussion in 'Seraphon Army Lists' started by Wesley, Aug 1, 2021.

1. Wesley
    Jungle Swarm

Wesley New Member

Hi Guys,

New to these forums and not so experienced yet with Seraphon so I'm hoping you could give me some tips, pointers or tactical advice on this new list I've been working on.

I only do battles within a small group and the guy I battle most with uses DoT. Pink horrors are his favorite units (duh...) and in a 2K army he places 2 units of 10 pinks which also function as screens for 2 units of 3 flamers. He then has a gaunt summoner which get him another 5 pinks next to some other heroes. Besides the Destiny dice which can really help him these pinks are really hard to take down. He has multiple ways (spells, endless spells, battleshock) to even bring pinks back to a remaining blue horror squad if I manage to kill all 10 within a single turn. He understands the OPness of these pinks and is also looking at other armies compositions to keep it friendly, but I want to see if I can even take him on while he has so many pinks.

So at the moment my army is to fluff, I don't have a Kroak yet, no Stegadons or EotG. I firstly bought models because I like them but just 40 skinks in total or 20 warriors isn't gonna make it. Specially since his daemons also get a -1 rend on all their flame attacks. Melee has not been good for me against him, his Pinks just glog my units and he can just rip through them with all the shooting and magic from his heroes.

So for tactics I thought of the following:
    - Ignore/don't get into contact with the pinks
    - Target heroes first
    - Then target smaller size units that aren't pinks

To achieve this I'm thinking on creating a artillery line of Kroak and 2 Bastiladons in a Thunder Lizard Constellation. Both get a flat 3 damage when targeting daemon units and with the Command Ability from TL, buffs from Priest and Starpriest I can maximize my potential damage output with the Bastiladons. I can hopefully really do some damage and make him come to me since my range is bigger than his.

Since I'm going with TL I'm also thinking of filling up the battleline with some stegs since they can also shoot from a good distance and when needed can charge in any remaining units for melee. Guards for Kroak protection and the Quicksilver Swords endless spell because it ignores ward saves which his pinks also have. I will not win on objectives with this list but I'm hoping to just table him with firepower.

So here is the list I thought of and I hope to get some feedback for it

Allegiance: Seraphon
    - Constellation: Thunder Lizard
    - Grand Strategy: Beast Master
    - Triumphs: Inspired

LEADERS
    Lord Kroak (430) in Linebreaker
    - Spell: Celestial Apotheosis
    Skink Priest (80) in Warlord
    - Universal Prayer Scripture: Heal
    Skink Starpriest (130) in Warlord
    - Artefact: Fusil of Conflaguration
    - Spell: Hand of Glory
    Saurus Astrolith Bearer (150) in Warlord
    - General
    - Command Trait: Mighty Warleader

UNITS
    5 x Saurus Guard (115) in Warlord

BEHEMOTHS
    Bastiladon with Solar Engine (235) in Linebreaker
    Bastiladon with Solar Engine (235) in Linebreaker
    Stegadon (265) in Warlord
    - Weapon: Skystreak Bow
    - Seraphon Battleline (Constellation: Thunder Lizard)
    Stegadon (265) in Warlord
    - Weapon: Skystreak Bow
    - Seraphon Battleline (Constellation: Thunder Lizard)

ENDLESS SPELLS & INVOCATIONS
    Quicksilver Swords (90)

1995P

2. Tyranitar
    Terradon

Tyranitar Well-Known Member

When I read the title I was going to ask if you planned to tailor a list and, if so, suggest kroak and double basti but you got there yourself. Your best bet is to snipe down the heroes asap as you planned, shouldn't be too hard for the bastis. I think quicksilver swords is way too expensive, you're prob better off with an emerald lifeswarm for healing or a purple sun for damage depending what you want.

3. Tav
    Kroxigor

Tav Well-Known Member

A good way to deal with pinks is to fire 1 bastiladon volley at each unit to take out the 10 pinks and force battleshocks, increases the damage a lot. Knocked 2 units of 10 with pretty much 1 bastiladon over 2 turns.
    Best thing to do is to have have 1 deployed further forward to pressure any heroes that want to sit back, then have 1 deeper into your own deployment to fire into the mid board

Tyranitar likes this.