1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS 2k vs stormcast

Discussion in 'Seraphon Army Lists' started by Mat courts, Oct 8, 2020.

1. Mat courts
    Jungle Swarm

Mat courts New Member

So I have a game at 2k against stormcast next week, this is mostly what I own so I hope it’s up to scratch, anything I should watch out for or will this do fine?

Saurus Sunblood [130pts]

Slann Starmaster [260pts]

Stegadon with Skink Chief [250pts]:[/b] Sunfire Throwers (thunderquake)

Behemoth

Bastiladon [220pts]Solar Engine (thunderquake)

Bastiladon [220pts]Solar Engine (thunderquake)

+ Battleline +

Saurus Guard [300pts]: 15 Saurus Guards, Saurus Guard Alpha, Stardrake Icon Bearer, Wardrummer

Saurus Warriors [180pts] Celestite Spear, Saurus Warrior Alpha, Stardrake Icon Bearer, Wardrummer
    .20 x Saurus Warriors:

5x Saurus knights 100 points

salamander hunting pack 110 points (Thunderquake)

thunder quake battalion 150 points

LizardWizard likes this.
  2. Vallek
    Cold One

Vallek Member

Which constellation?

3. Mat courts
    Jungle Swarm

Mat courts New Member

Undecided tbh

4. Nart
    Carnasaur

Nart Well-Known Member

Depends on how competitive stormcast's lists. In general, they have low output of MW from several different sources. It is easy for them to bring bastiladons to degradation. Watch out for this.

Concerning the rest of the list - it is a bit of mixed bag. 15 guard won't do much - they are slow and not that deadly. 5-10 is more than enough to protect slann. I'd go for 5 just to conserve points. 5 knights and 20 saurus are not much of a threat either. After losing just 5 models, saurus damage output drops drasticaly. This makes oldblood out of place too. There's not much stuff he could buff. Also, I'd go for sunblood first to have more control over the units you buff.

So, first of all, I'd decide which way to go - thunderlizard and bring more support to the monster, or koatl's claw and take more saurus. Either way, any list will hugely benifit from starpriest and monsters really like skink priest.

5. Mat courts
    Jungle Swarm

Mat courts New Member

So I’m already using a sunblood for my list, I can swap in a unit of regular Saurus for screening or something, I’m largely relying on the bastys to do work

6. Mat courts
    Jungle Swarm

Mat courts New Member

I’m inclined to use thunderlizard for double tap basty but at the same rate, I’m inclined for Starborne over coalesced

7. Vallek
    Cold One

Vallek Member

Both versions of Thunderquake are great, but require different tactics. If you want to forego the doubletap Bastilidons then go Starborne and use the Thunderquake to build a castle around your Slann. Healing 1d3 wounds for each unit in the Thunderquake every turn makes you into a slow moving steam roller. I was conflicted, myself, over if Thunder Lizard double shot + extra wounds + extra movement was better than the free constant regeneration bubble. Ultimately, I think it comes down to the number of objectives on the field. Make no mistake, regenerating castle Thunderquake is nearly unkillable, but PAINFULLY slow (5" of movement each turn if you keep them clustered.)

8. Mat courts
    Jungle Swarm

Mat courts New Member

the shooting output is good regardless, hiding my skink priest is vital to me aswell tho