1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS 3 Bastiladon under Alpha-Beast Pack Battalion

Discussion in 'Seraphon Discussion' started by Dreamkeeper, Jul 9, 2021.

1. Dreamkeeper
    Temple Guard

Dreamkeeper Well-Known Member

Hi everyone!
    Reading through GHB 2021 I've found interesting battalion - Alpha-Beast Pack Battalion. This battalion is allowing up to 3 monsters to move D6" before first battle round. Adding this to FoS +3" to move for all SKINK and maybe adding Priests to this we could potentially have a 2-3 bastiladons, moving 8"+D6 pre game + D6 run (1CP and straight 6") and shooting for 24" + using skink priest ability to run and shoot and +1 to hit.
    upload_2021-7-9_12-44-24.png
    What do you think guys? Is it worth trying?

2. Erta Wanderer
    OldBlood

Erta Wanderer Well-Known Member

everything is worth trying at least once

Mekeji, Dreamkeeper and Tyranitar like this.
  3. Tyranitar
    Terradon

Tyranitar Well-Known Member

I agree with erta that anything is worth trying. I'd be hesitant only because bastilidons aren't amazing outside of TL, and even then they got nerfed in that we can't double tap more than one anymore. Maybe, if we're trying to rush them up the board, taking them as Arks could be interesting. Almost like an alpha bunker strategy, force some tanky units up into our opponents deployment to slow their movement for a turn or two

Mekeji and Dreamkeeper like this.
  4. Mekeji
    Skink

Mekeji Member

You know, I actually like that idea from Tyranitar. I was going to use it for stegs to get them up the battlefield but they don't qualify when they are Thunder Lizard as they are no longer behemoths. However with arks on their backs with their super cheap cost I can see using them like distraction carnifex. Send them balls deep into the enemy early game and use their tanky nature to soak fire for the first round or so. While everything else gets in position and actually kills some important stuff. It has the same issue that all distraction carnifex have though, which is that if an opponent knows what you are up to they will just do their best to ignore the ark.

I might have to try it, though I'd need an opponent to ok me using a solar engine as an ark. Considering the fact that I've never built an ark and wouldn't want to waste the time to build/paint one just for a distraction carnifex gimmick.

Tyranitar likes this.
  5. Dread Saurian
    Stegadon

Dread Saurian Well-Known Member

Yes it is always worth trying. The Alpha beast is fun for monster heavy lists in TL. But it tends to work better for our carnos than our bastis tbf it's also pretty much a battalion that you want to have first turn on

6. Mekeji
    Skink

Mekeji Member

Correct me if I am wrong but we can't put carnos in ABP. That battalion is only 2-3 monsters. Which are defined as non-leader behemoths, and both of our carnosaurs are leaders.

Nart and Dread Saurian like this.
  7. R1eye
    Jungle Swarm

R1eye New Member

As I understand this battalion can only apply to either bastilodons or stegadons(non hero or engine variant). In thunder lizard it can't apply to stegs though because they become battle line

Nart likes this.
  8. Mekeji
    Skink

Mekeji Member

Funny enough I had to cut the ABP from my Thunder Lizard list because of that. It's not great on bastilodons and stegadons are really mainly worth running in Thunder. So it's kind of a useless battalion for our uses other than the theoretical distraction carnifex. However funny enough we can put Stegs into the HotH so they can't be targeted by Titanic Duel, but can still use it just fine themselves. So it really helps give them a slight advantage in the new monster dueling hierarchy since they can lean on that reliable +1 while the enemy can't.

9. Dread Saurian
    Stegadon

Dread Saurian Well-Known Member

Ahh fuck you're correct. Then I guess it really is only useful for dread saurians who like to charge turn 1

Nart and Tichi Huichi Raider like this.