1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A familiar face (maybe?)

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Vedras, Jan 26, 2022.

1. Vedras
    Chameleon Skink

Vedras Well-Known Member

Hello Lustria,

I used to be fairly active on this site 3-4 years ago, always wanting to return to the community. The very nature and friendliness of this community struck me like no other and has always been in the back of my mind the whole time. Now I'm continuing down the hobby path I'd love to share, help and contribute to others who are still here doing the very same.

Life, pandemic etc getting in the way of course didn't help, but before delving back in I feel it's only courtesy to first ask if I'd still be welcome - I ask simply because my preferences have moved on a little where I am now focusing on my Eldar, and I appreciate Eldar are not dino's.

Thank you for your time

Vedras

Last edited: Jan 26, 2022
  2. Lizards of Renown
    Slann

Lizards of Renown Herald of Creation

Of course.

LO is a friendly warhammer site if nothing else and we have blossoming threads about other armies, 40K, etc.

So...

Welcome back to Jurassic Park! :D

Noxolotl, Imrahil and Vedras like this.
  3. Vedras
    Chameleon Skink

Vedras Well-Known Member

Thank you for the warm welcome. Its really nice to be back :) ....but where to begin! xD

4. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

Welcome back

Feel free to discuss Eldar here. You are not stranger in LO, but for any doubt you may have just ask. :)

Noxolotl, Imrahil and Vedras like this.
  5. Imrahil
    Slann

Imrahil Thirtheenth Spawning

Welcome Back!

Who knows we might even rekindle the flame for the cold bloods in you ;)
    It is always good and helpful to share hobby wisdom/experience/advise whatever the format your plastics happen to be in

You have quite some catching up to do :p
    See you around

Grrr, Imrahil

Vedras likes this.
  6. Vedras
    Chameleon Skink

Vedras Well-Known Member

Definitely another familiar face I see here! Thanks Imrahil, it's nice to be part of the community again buddy.

I hope yourself and everyone here have been keeping safe, happy and fighting the war on grey plastic :D

Yes....a lot of catching up to be done :)

Imrahil and Lizards of Renown like this.
  7. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl Eleventh Spawning

[​IMG]

I certainly remember you on this forum from ages past, and I'm glad to see you're making a comeback!

Talking of Craftworld Eldar, you've certainly chosen the best time to get involved with them given the truckload of plastics that are on the way for them (indeed I wonder if that's what lured you in in the first place? ;)), and you're always welcome to join our 40K thread that @Killer Angel has already advertised.

Vedras likes this.
  8. Vedras
    Chameleon Skink

Vedras Well-Known Member

Thank you Lord Agrax, everyone has been as friendly as ever. I am genuinely glad to be back.

In all honesty I've been a fan of Craftworld Eldar since 3rd Ed. I've kind of been holding off on them for years until there were signs of some good Will shown by GW of the range not being completely ignored, or worse yet, in the pipe-line to be discontinued. Now coming back to the hobby as a more established -and I use the term loosely- "adult" now seems like the perfect time to invest and I absolutely love the new models I am seeing :)

Currently I'm painting a squad of howling banshees along with Jain Zar - very slow, pain-staking and proving to be a test of my patience. I'll have to set up a paint blog to document my progress for those interested. I swear after this I'm never painting banshee armour ever again!

Last edited: Jan 27, 2022
  9. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl Eleventh Spawning

It would have been very unlikely for GW to discontinue Craftworld Eldar, given their place in the lore and popularity with the fanbase, in particular as one of the 'more human means more identifiable' Xenos races - if they had binned them, they would have had a riot on their hands. However, it is indeed about time they gave them plastic replacements for all their Finecast stuff, especially given pretty much every other 40K army has a lot more plastic and a lot less Finecast in it. I've been impressed with 9th Edition in general at how much attention they have given the alien races - Necrons, Orks and Craftworld Eldar have all benefitted hugely from it - and I have no doubt that it is in part an apology to Xenos players everywhere for turning the trainwreck that was 8th Edition into essentially The Horus Heresy - Round 2.

I look forward to seeing your Eldar, and anything else up your sleeve - post pics on a painting blog if you haven't made one already! :snaphappy:

I can sympathise with your pain - the three words 'Lothern Sea Guard' still produce a certain bitter taste on my tongue whenever I hear them...

Vedras likes this.
  10. Vedras
    Chameleon Skink

Vedras Well-Known Member

Having just looked that up, I very much understand!