1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A wild Lennoth appeared.

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Lennoth, Sep 15, 2022.

1. Lennoth
    Skink

Lennoth Member

Hello!

To be honest, I just found a thread of this forum while searching for lizardmen diet, but I immediately joined to participate. I'm not as involved in Warhammer as others here, my first contact came with the Total War games. I don't even have a tabletop army, altough I'm thinking about building one for years now. One day, I promise!

I'm absolutely obsessed with lizardmen, dragons ... scaly things. Even started to learn nahautl, the language of the aztecs, because of the thematic similairities. And I love skinks. That's it.

2. Lizards of Renown
    Slann

Lizards of Renown Herald of Creation

These are all fantastic things and you share them in common with most of the forum!

Welcome to Jurassic Park!

I would recommend Warhammer Fantasy 8th Edition ;) but anything with Lizardmen is a good way to go.

Enjoy!

LoR

Imrahil and NIGHTBRINGER like this.
  3. Imrahil
    Slann

Imrahil Thirtheenth Spawning

Welcome along in our Jungle!
    I hope you will have a nice stay and perhaps get infected by the wargames virus :p

This is very impressive :cool:

Grrr, Imrahil

4. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl Eleventh Spawning

"Here we see, arriving into the jungle, a wild Lennoth, a rare and elusive creature. Its honed skills with the Warhammer: Total War franchise make it a formidable opponent for any predator to tackle. *Insert some obligatory doom-laden message about global warming*" - Sir David Attenborough

;)

Welcome @Lennoth to Lustria! Which game are you planning to get into? Warhammer Fantasy (now deceased but still possible to get into, and the better one to play if you really want to recreate Total War-style battles) or AoS?

I trust you shall enjoy your stay!

Imrahil and NIGHTBRINGER like this.
  5. Lennoth
    Skink

Lennoth Member

I don't even know, yet. But I'll probably go with AoS, just because it's way easier to get unpainted miniatures. *dreams of a skink army with unified, red scales*
    Yeah, I really want to paint my miniatures myself.

Imrahil and Lizards of Renown like this.
  6. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl Eleventh Spawning

It's pretty easy to get into Lizardmen for Fantasy as well, you'd be able to use the same models, just with square and rectangular bases, which can easily be bought from another company for an affordable price.

Now the books are a different matter, you'll need to search hard for a second-hand rulebook and army book at an affordable price. But then, given AoS forces you to pay an additional £20+ each year for a 'compulsory' scenario book, alongside your Battletome and perhaps a rulebook if you want to save on printer ink, the book costs would likely balance each other out.

Anyway, the choice is ultimately up to you at the end of the day.

7. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

Well, this is an AMAZING introduction.
    Welcome aboard, good sir. :)

Given your... peculiar interests, i will point you to our Lustriapedia! (and, more generally, to our fluff subforum) ;)

for any question you may have, just ask.

Imrahil likes this.