1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

7th Ed. Against Dwarfs

Discussion in 'Lizardmen & Saurian Ancients Tactics' started by Sammy the Squib, Mar 11, 2008.

1. Sammy the Squib
    Salamander

Sammy the Squib Member

Here are some good tactics I have found to be useful against dwarfs.

Rule of burning iron + bane head = dead BSB. If the dwarf player is smart, he will be sporting a BSB, which will probably have a 1+ save. Bane head him at the beginning of the game then cast rule of burning iron on him. You will almost guarantee to cast and you've got a spell which the dwarf player will try to stop at all costs (esp if he's got a expensive banner on him ;)) You can choose to use a lot of dice or a few on this spell, depending on what other spells you have up your sleeve...

Steed of shadows + JSoD = dead Organ gun. Or any war machine of your choosing. 5 s7 isn't a guarantee but will have a good go at killing those dawi dead, first turn use the slann to fling him into the war machine and you've got another first turn spell the dwarf player won't want to go off.

Of course I don't even need to mention what Pit of shades and spirit of the forge do to dwarfs... :bored:

Thoughts?

2. divineskink
    Skink

divineskink New Member

If like me you dont have a slaan :depressed: you can still use the magic of a skink priest to deadly effect against dwarfs. Lots of there units rely on armour saves to keep going, so Uranons thunderbolt against dwarf elite units this rocks i managed to kill 4/8 ironbreakers with the general in and they fled of the feild ok this isnt very common with dwarves but still it really helped me.

3. Scaper
    Skink

Scaper New Member

What is a BSB?

4. SohCahToa
    Kroxigor

SohCahToa New Member

a BSB is short for Battle Standard Bearer. In the case of dwarves luckily if he takes a magic banner as far as I know he cannot take any other runic items (unless this has been changed in their army book as well :rolleyes: ). Hence you probably wont see a BSB sporting both a banner AND a 1+ save.

Generally, I really only see players sporting gunline lists (oftentimes with an anvil). When going against such a list, the str 7 of kroxigor and their ability to charge through a line of screening skinks is invaluable (of course avoiding those nasty LOS boosting hills). That said, Terradons are a must as a FSoD wont be able to deal with artillery. While the JSoD is always useful for warmachine hunting, dwarves tend to turtle so the lack of flying hurts.

5. Sammy the Squib
    Salamander

Sammy the Squib Member

Good point and something I realized after I posted. Still a useful tactic though :)

6. Scaper
    Skink

Scaper New Member

Since you guys gave me that advice I phased out my army is bsically as follows:

1- JSOD
    2- 20 man saurus blocks
    1- 3 Lizard Salamander Block
    2- 10 man Skink Units
    1- 15 Man Skink Unit (For the Kroxies)
    1- 4 man Terradon Unit
    1- 4 man Kroxigor unit