1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fiction Among the Dust - A What-If Duel between Felrix and Eli-Nesz

Discussion in 'Fluff and Stories' started by Y'ttar Scaletail, Jun 3, 2016.

1. Y'ttar Scaletail
    Troglodon

Y'ttar Scaletail Well-Known Member

Thankies. Feel free to edit/fix anything if you wanted to get the files. I think part of Eli's cape is a bit off. He also looks more like a Kobold than a Skink but there was no real Skinkish head choices. Even Felrix had to have a canine head, hands, and feet as the ratfolk options weren't very Skaveny. :p

Imrahil and Bowser like this.
  2. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

May have to print and Kit bash, or see if I can muck about with Hero Forge STLs in blender.

Imrahil and Y'ttar Scaletail like this.
  3. Y'ttar Scaletail
    Troglodon

Whatever the case, there you go Felrix: You never got to be in an rpg that survived a single action phase, but you have an epic co-op saga, a lengthy cameo in a Moulder Pitfighter Campaign, and your own miniature. :p

I will try and work on a little something extra for the saga before I leave for the wine dark sea.

Imrahil and Bowser like this.
  4. Y'ttar Scaletail
    Troglodon

A short Interlude

Among the dust the fire crackled as it chewed through the dry brush and dead wood. Above the dancing flames a vast tapestry of the night sky was laid out, filled with a thousand thousand glittering stars.

Around the fire four figures sat. The night was long and none felt the pull of sleep quite yet.

“It’s funny-strange,” spoke Felrix as she laid back and stared up at the star filled sky, a thin trail of smoke rising from the small cigar clenched between her fangs, “I don’t feel-feel fear of the open sky...I don’t scent-know if I did...” she paused a moment before forcing the painful truth out, “when-when I was me...”

“And yet you are still afraid of clowns, de-caff, and sudden skeletal visages,” Doc Bones mused as he whittled away on a piece of wood, which had begun to take the appearance of an effigy of the hawk god Phakth.

The Skaven bounty huntress shuddered slightly.

“Mighty fine work, Doc,” the Prospector commented as he continued to sharpen his pick, “though truth be told, you have that darn tendency to surprise gentlefolk with that skull face of yours. So the response is pretty universal.”

“Nonsense, Henry,” chuckled Doc Bones, “I have the bone structure of a true gods blessed king of Khemri, if any of you had any sense you’d be overjoyed to see this face!”

Eli-Nesz’s tail twitched in thought as he marked his bullets with glyphs of the Old Ones. “You’re a rare creature, Miss Brightfur,” he said at length, ignoring the growing debate on how finely sculpted Doc Bones’ skull was, “take it how you will. We’ve got a long ride ahead of us in the morning, so don’t spend all night fretting on what is you and what is not. The you that is here is you, so enjoy the stars.”

Felrix nodded and continued watching the stars above. A feeling of being so small and yet overcast by the majesty of the night.

The fire continued to crackle.

thedarkfourth and Bowser like this.
  5. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

For a short interlude, this sure says a lot! Some amazing character building going on here. A quick build on relationships between the four, really showcasing personalities, and of course the much debated fine sculpting of Doc's skull! Really incredible.

Y'ttar Scaletail likes this.